Potential buyer from Iceland [Updated! Order is in! :D]

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
Verone

Post by Verone »

Steinninn wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:32 pm Hi from Iceland. I bought mine used, standard, just a few weeks ago. I only got the home charger, I don't think they include the type 2 cable with new cars in Iceland. And I have not yet been able to get the app to work. I'm thinking to root the android system after it's out of warranty and then try to add a eSIM card. You won't be able to get the app working unless you have eSIM activated.
Oh nice, thanks for the heads up - I was wondering about the Type 2 cable, as it's listed as an accessory for Kr. 39.900. That's really good to know.

I'll probably end up buying a longer one to be honest, as all the reviews I've seen of them seem like they're relatively short. For the best part I'll be CCS charging I think, but there's free type 2 charging at my work, so I might get one to have the flexibility.

Thanks for the heads up - how are you finding driving yours in Iceland? I managed to get one from Honda for a few days to have a decent length demonstration of it, and it felt pretty good!

Which charging services are you using the most? I have my home electricity with ON, so if I use their charging ports, they'll do a 20% discount on both charging and home eletricity, so I guess I'll be using them most, other than charging for free at work with the Isorka points we have.
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km

Steinninn

Post by Steinninn »

I have the 20% discount as well. But haven't used it to charge my car that much. Mostly just take advantage of the discount of my home electricity. I'm charging for free at work and also very close to my home. I've had a few close calls when I've reached 0% since I thought I had more range then I did. But other then that I'm loving it.

Isorka is selling the type 2 chargers for cheap. I'm thinking to buy one from them, but until now I've been able to find charging stations that have the cable already. Or charging at home.

I'm planning to set up a charging station at home. My friend told me that if a fire would break out from me charging from an outlet inside the house my insurance would not cover it. So, check with your insurance before charging from your home.
Verone

Post by Verone »

Steinninn wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:36 pm I have the 20% discount as well. But haven't used it to charge my car that much. Mostly just take advantage of the discount of my home electricity. I'm charging for free at work and also very close to my home. I've had a few close calls when I've reached 0% since I thought I had more range then I did. But other then that I'm loving it.

Isorka is selling the type 2 chargers for cheap. I'm thinking to buy one from them, but until now I've been able to find charging stations that have the cable already. Or charging at home.

I'm planning to set up a charging station at home. My friend told me that if a fire would break out from me charging from an outlet inside the house my insurance would not cover it. So, check with your insurance before charging from your home.
This is also super good advice mate, thanks!

I live in a 7th floor apartment, so I won't be charging from within my home. I live in Vesturbær and commute to Kópavogur, with CCS charging super close to my office, and free type 2 charging in private basement parking at the office, so I'm grand in that respect.

I do have charging in the basement of my apartment building too, but that'll just be granny charger wall outlet charging in the event I need it or if the car is left for a few days and needs a top up.

My car gets delivered in January (hopefully), and I'm thinking of ordering a decent length (5-10m) type 2 cable online. Currently they're Kr. 40,000 from honda, Kr. 38,000 from isorka, but there's a place in the UK that will sell them for around Kr.25,000, so I might order from there.

Anyway, got plenty of time to have a think I suppose! If you want to ship one in that might be a bit cheaper, try evcables.co.uk - they seem fairly decent!
Registered May 2023
ODO - 8750km
Steinninn

Post by Steinninn »

Verone wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:57 pm
This is also super good advice mate, thanks!

I live in a 7th floor apartment, so I won't be charging from within my home. I live in Vesturbær and commute to Kópavogur, with CCS charging super close to my office, and free type 2 charging in private basement parking at the office, so I'm grand in that respect.

I do have charging in the basement of my apartment building too, but that'll just be granny charger wall outlet charging in the event I need it or if the car is left for a few days and needs a top up.

My car gets delivered in January (hopefully), and I'm thinking of ordering a decent length (5-10m) type 2 cable online. Currently they're Kr. 40,000 from honda, Kr. 38,000 from isorka, but there's a place in the UK that will sell them for around Kr.25,000, so I might order from there.

Anyway, got plenty of time to have a think I suppose! If you want to ship one in that might be a bit cheaper, try evcables.co.uk - they seem fairly decent!
Do you think we can get enough people together to have a Honda E get-together in Reykjavík? Would you be interested?
Verone

Post by Verone »

Steinninn wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:51 pm Do you think we can get enough people together to have a Honda E get-together in Reykjavík? Would you be interested?
Would be great once I've took delivery of my car - would love it!

I've seen one Modern Steel Metallic, two Crystal Blue Metallic and one Crystal Black Pearl on the road in Iceland so far. Haven't seen a Charge Yellow yet.

When I get mine, it'll be Platinum White Pearl, so hopefully we might be able to get one of every colour together! :D

Would be super cool to have a gathering for sure - I'm REALLY looking forward to taking delivery of mine.

I'll also probably be ordering Eibach lowering springs (20mm drop) for it and 25mm spacers to drop the ride height a bit and fill the arches slightly more, but I haven't decided whether I want to do this yet.

The ride height and stance of the car looks fantastic with a slight drop, and a slightly harder spring rate. There's a company in the UK who have started fiddling with them.
Registered May 2023
ODO - 8750km
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Verone wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:05 pm
I'll also probably be ordering Eibach lowering springs (20mm drop) for it and 25mm spacers to drop the ride height a bit and fill the arches slightly more, but I haven't decided whether I want to do this yet.

The ride height and stance of the car looks fantastic with a slight drop, and a slightly harder spring rate. There's a company in the UK who have started fiddling with them.
Have a look at this thread Wheel Spacers.
I did consider lowering springs but couldn’t justify the expense of not only the springs but also the labour because I’d most likely pay someone to do this for me or buy a decent spring compressor just for this single job; I’ve bought cheap spring compressors before and they don’t feel safe and only last for no more than 4 springs of compression before the threads are destroyed.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Verone

Post by Verone »

londiniumperson wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:57 am Have a look at this thread Wheel Spacers.
I did consider lowering springs but couldn’t justify the expense of not only the springs but also the labour because I’d most likely pay someone to do this for me or buy a decent spring compressor just for this single job; I’ve bought cheap spring compressors before and they don’t feel safe and only last for no more than 4 springs of compression before the threads are destroyed.
Thanks for the link to the thread - I actually read this one a while back when I was inititally looking at the car - I think the YouTube video one of the responses is talking about is one of the Dream Automotive ones, as they had issues with 20mm spacers on their project e, and went for Eibach 25mms instead.

I already have a set of spring compressors myself (used to be an engineer before I move to Iceland, and built quite a few project cars as a hobby), so I'd just need to order the springs and the spacers.

The front seems fairly simple to swap out, but the main fear I'd have is on the rear of the car, having to strip out all the boot lining to get to the rear towers and not wanting to damage any of the carpet or clips on a brand new vehicle, so I'll have to find some strip down diagrams from somewhere.

I'll also probably see if there's anyone in Iceland who wants to order springs and spacers or whatever for theirs so we can save on shipping :D
Registered May 2023
ODO - 8750km
londiniumperson

See here for interior disassembly instructions:
Interior disassemble manuals

As for importing/shipping, look at countries other the the UK because when I was looking there was minimal UK stock but plenty in other countries and at a cheaper price, that’s why I went with H&R for the spacers (a German company) which also supply a TUV Compliance Certificate and mine were shipped to England from Northern Ireland.
londiniumperson

As you’ll see in my wheel spacer post that I went with 20 & 25mm spacers rather than 25mm all round because I considered 25mm was too much on front in regards the amount of wheel/tyre showing past the lower section of bodywork as well as how close they would be on maximum lock to the arch liners & suspension components after measuring multiple times. As for the rear 20mm would haven’t have been enough to match the front in terms of arch lip to tyre spacing for me.
Verone

Post by Verone »

londiniumperson wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:56 am As you’ll see in my wheel spacer post that I went with 20 & 25mm spacers rather than 25mm all round because I considered 25mm was too much on front in regards the amount of wheel/tyre showing past the lower section of bodywork as well as how close they would be on maximum lock to the arch liners & suspension components after measuring multiple times. As for the rear 20mm would haven’t have been enough to match the front in terms of arch lip to tyre spacing for me.
Yeah, based on a few things I've seen I'll order the springs as they're a known quantity, in terms of the drop in ride height, but I'd like to get a good look at the suspension geometry and how the car sits in the flesh with the 20mm drop before I decide on spacers, so I'll probably order a set of 20mm and a set of 25mm then see what works best.
Registered May 2023
ODO - 8750km

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post