Potential buyer from Iceland [Updated! Order is in! :D]

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
nyx

Post by nyx »

Congrats on ordering! Can’t speak to how well it works in cold climates but with those distances it sounds a good fit.

My car came new with both the type 2 cable and the granny charger. (My granny charger was broken and replaced under warranty, but hopefully that’s rare.)

I’ve put a short collection checklist and some other stuff here: https://hond.ae/new-owner

Verone

Post by Verone »

nyx wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:35 pm Congrats on ordering! Can’t speak to how well it works in cold climates but with those distances it sounds a good fit.

My car came new with both the type 2 cable and the granny charger. (My granny charger was broken and replaced under warranty, but hopefully that’s rare.)

I’ve put a short collection checklist and some other stuff here: https://hond.ae/new-owner
Oh, this list is awesome, thanks! :D
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
asjo

Post by asjo »

Verone wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:32 pm - When you ordered you car, was it supplied with both the granny charger and the type 2 cable? Just curious!
- On delivery day, is there anything specific I should check over? Any common issues that people have seen when they've taken delivery of the car? (I'll be checking all the usual stuff but this is my first EV so I'm a bit apprehensive)
My white advance had both a granny charger, a type 2 cable, and the little tent for the charging port for snowy weather (it was a dealer-car from Sweden (I'm in Denmark)).

As yours is going to be brand new, I guess it's not as relevant, but the paint on the upper lip of the bonnet near the wipers is often chipped, because people have the wipers up and then open the bonnet into them - mine was like that and the dealer just got out some paint and put on; I didn't complain as it was second hand and cheaper than list price, but on a new car I would have insisted on a proper repair.

I think the white color suits the car well, I like the contrast. The only thing I didn't like was the blue around the H-emblems, so I bought an extra set of emblems and painted the blue black, and replaced them :-)

honda-e-mblem.jpg

I haven't bothered with the app, even though it is supported in my country - I have heard so many bad things about it that I just can't be bothered, I can easily live without the features it sort-of provides, and I certainly don't want all the aggravation.

Best of luck with your car!
Verone

Post by Verone »

asjo wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:45 pm I think the white color suits the car well, I like the contrast. The only thing I didn't like was the blue around the H-emblems, so I bought an extra set of emblems and painted the blue black, and replaced them :-)
Probably the only two things that I'm not a fan of is the blue around the emblems and the ride height.

Your emblems look amazing - was it tough to remove and replace them? I'll probably do the same - I'm also thinking of ordering a set of lowering springs to drop the ride height by about 25-30mm, other than that I think I'll love it! :D
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
asjo

Post by asjo »

Verone wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:52 pm Your emblems look amazing - was it tough to remove and replace them?
The hardest part was finding the partnumbers for the emblems and ordering them! I have posted the numbers in the Honda e spares thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1152&p=12419#p12419

I took the new emblems apart and spray painted the back plates black, which was easy.

Replacing the emblems was a bit of a faff, but a friend of mine is used to working on stuff like that, so he managed to pry off the big black plastic part on the inside of the boot lid (it's attached with plastic fasteners, that sometimes break when you pry it open). On the front access was easier as the plastic shield-thing could just be clipped off.
tencherman

Post by tencherman »

nyx wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:35 pm
Just wanted to say 'thanks' for taking the trouble to produce this nyx - as a new owner (2 weeks) this has been invaluable.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

nyx wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:35 pm I’ve put a short collection checklist and some other stuff here: https://hond.ae/new-owner
Yep, agree that is very useful information.
As to running beyond zero, I've run to 0% once but not gone past it because I was concerned about causing issues later with battery life & recently I watched a video from Bjørn Nyland titled 'How to correctly measure battery degradation' and he advises not to do it as it can cause additional battery degradation:
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
nyx

Post by nyx »

tencherman wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:48 pm Just wanted to say 'thanks' for taking the trouble to produce this nyx - as a new owner (2 weeks) this has been invaluable.
Thanks so much for the kind words! :)
nyx

Post by nyx »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:39 pm
nyx wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:35 pm I’ve put a short collection checklist and some other stuff here: https://hond.ae/new-owner
Yep, agree that is very useful information.
As to running beyond zero, I've run to 0% once but not gone past it because I was concerned about causing issues later with battery life & recently I watched a video from Bjørn Nyland titled 'How to correctly measure battery degradation' and he advises not to do it as it can cause additional battery degradation:
Yeah, the page mentions it’s probably bad for the battery. It would make sense (from my very limited understanding of these things) since you’re using up part of the bottom buffer.
Steinninn

Post by Steinninn »

Hi from Iceland. I bought mine used, standard, just a few weeks ago. I only got the home charger, I don't think they include the type 2 cable with new cars in Iceland. And I have not yet been able to get the app to work. I'm thinking to root the android system after it's out of warranty and then try to add a eSIM card. You won't be able to get the app working unless you have eSIM activated.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post