Introducing myself

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
Saucebox

Post by Saucebox »

Hello everyone

Haven't yet ordered but hoping to. What puts me off is handing over £800.00 to make Honda wealthier for a few months; it's a huge sum and I'm staggered that they want so much upfront.

Btw., does anyone know what the presumably postponed uk appearance date is?

Saucebox

Post by Saucebox »

PS is it true or untrue that you have to separately buy a fast charge cable if you want to juice uo the car publicly? Surely it should come as standard equipement but looking at pictures of the boot it seems there's just a home charging cable - no good to me in an apartment block...
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Welcome

Whilst I do agree the £800 deposit is high, it seems typical for all EVs. Perhaps higher than Peugeot for e208. But similar for the VW ID3.
I think my dealer has said I will receive a type 2 to type 2 cable as part of the deal. I think it is something to negotiate (like mats and a full tank of fuel for a petrol car 😀)
Else you can buy once via eBay or The like for about £140
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

You should get back the deposit as soon as you actually order.
This happened this way when I ordered back in September...
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I think the deposit is set like that so you have to be 'serious' about wanting the car, a £100 deposit would probably get plenty of people putting their name down but not actually translate into buyers,
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Joolsdc wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:19 pm Welcome

Whilst I do agree the £800 deposit is high, it seems typical for all EVs. Perhaps higher than Peugeot for e208. But similar for the VW ID3.
I think my dealer has said I will receive a type 2 to type 2 cable as part of the deal. I think it is something to negotiate (like mats and a full tank of fuel for a petrol car 😀)
Else you can buy once via eBay or The like for about £140
Can you negotiate a full charge or does it only come with 10 miles on the battery like I've had from some dealers in the past! :lol: