From Tesla to Honda - hello from London!

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
ryanrossuk

Post by ryanrossuk »

Hello folks!

Happy to share the news that I'll be taking delivery of my 2022 Honda e Advance in lovely pearl white this Saturday. Super excited!

I'm based in outer West London and have been driving almost nothing but Teslas for the last decade.

This time I thought I'd try something a 'little' different, and see how micro mobility in the big city fares!

Looking forward to getting to know many of you, and mining the wealth of information shared by you early adopters.

Ryan.

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Welcome, one of the members created a Knowledge Base
Also try out the search facility on this forum if you need to look up anything not covered by the above URL.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
ryanrossuk

Post by ryanrossuk »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:59 pm Welcome, one of the members created a Knowledge Base
Also try out the search facility on this forum if you need to look up anything not covered by the above URL.
That’s fantastic thank you!
Fed

Post by Fed »

Welcome ! 🙂
jonc

Post by jonc »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:59 pm Welcome, one of the members created a Knowledge Base
The “don’t use Tesla superchargers” is an important one! Cost me a trip to the service center and a service fee.
2020 e Advance - Platinum White Pearl
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Welcome - it would be great to hear your feedback about how you feel the 2 compare.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
Verone

Post by Verone »

Welcome, it's a great switch to be sure! :D
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
ryanrossuk

Post by ryanrossuk »

EEEE wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:42 am Welcome - it would be great to hear your feedback about how you feel the 2 compare.
Will post my thoughts after a few weeks 😁
williamchan

Post by williamchan »

welcome!
jonc

Post by jonc »

My prediction is that you will absolutely love a lot of things about this car – the drive feel and the "hardware" build quality (drivetrain, suspension etc.) I fantastic. The design obviously – a masterclass in vehicle design both exterior and interior.

But I suspect you'll be disappointed with the software side of things – especially coming from a Tesla. The on-board software and especially the companion phone app has not received nearly as much time and attention as the rest of the car, and is in a state that ranges from "this could have been designed better" to "holy shit this is the most buggy piece of s*** I've ever seen". And unlike Tesla and some other manufacturers, Honda has decided not to improve the experience over time with OTA updates. Alas.
2020 e Advance - Platinum White Pearl

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post