Hello - To buy or not to buy

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
Malcs

Post by Malcs »

Hello. I’m Malcs on Hampshire’s south coast.

I have a modern steel advance due to be with me 25 June. I was lucky that my reservation in April was immediately turned into a sale order giving me the option of owning one from the first batch.

My only concern is whether the budget on 6 July will announce measures to kickstart the industry and encourage greener travel by applying improved incentives.

I’m excited for the 25th but should I hold fire until July? What do you guys think?

Kind regards, M.

tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

It's not an easy thing to advise on. If the information is correct and it's linked to scrappage on an existing car and you have one then it may be worth doing. I don't so it won't make any difference to me. It will also depend on whether you would need to cancel your order and start the process again.
Malcs

Post by Malcs »

The dealer strangely didn’t take a deposit after turning it into a sales order although I supplied my cc details and I didn’t sign any docs a couple of months back so I’m not committed to taking collection on 25. Hopefully dealer will be late with things or will be patient while I ‘organise’ funds.

No car to scrap either but fingers crossed they will reinstate the additional £500 grant lopped off earlier.

🤞
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Check with your dealer, but because I placed my order before the OLEV grant reduction, the £3500 will be honoured. This is discussed elsewhere in this forum.
I don’t have a car to trade. Unless I buy an old banger?
Malcs

Post by Malcs »

Thanks, I’ll check that. Think with these scrappage schemes you need to have own a banger for a set time to avoid people exploiting the system
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Arh that is a good point Malcs. But I think the scrappage scheme is looking less and less likely, from what I’ve read. But still, fingers crossed.
Welcome to the site. I thought long and hard about the grey one. Also white.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Joolsdc wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:38 am Arh that is a good point Malcs. But I think the scrappage scheme is looking less and less likely, from what I’ve read. But still, fingers crossed.
Welcome to the site. I thought long and hard about the grey one. Also white.
I'll definitely be stalling until budget day (8th July?) until handing over any dough to my stealer... just in case!
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Malcs wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:26 am Hello. I’m Malcs on Hampshire’s south coast.

I have a modern steel advance due to be with me 25 June. I was lucky that my reservation in April was immediately turned into a sale order giving me the option of owning one from the first batch.

My only concern is whether the budget on 6 July will announce measures to kickstart the industry and encourage greener travel by applying improved incentives.

I’m excited for the 25th but should I hold fire until July? What do you guys think?

Kind regards, M.
I'm confused, I cannot find any details of a UK 6 July (or 8th) budget, even the parliament.uk states the next Budget is expected to take place in the Autumn of 2020.
Can anyone point me to a reliable source of a July budget?
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Last budget was 11th March. Seems unlikely to have one in July. I think it was the papers creating a story
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Joolsdc wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:58 pm Last budget was 11th March. Seems unlikely to have one in July. I think it was the papers creating a story
Yep, don't let a little thing like facts to get in the way of a good story/headline, which is what all journalists are taught.
The BBC & others I suspect are told that it's better to get a story out first rather then ensuring that it's true.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current