Hello from Northampton

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
sbullo

Post by sbullo »

Hi everyone, been following the forum since feb after I placed my order for a 16” Modern Steel. Was given a provisional delivery date of 29th July.
Had a call from dealer this afternoon to confirm 7th August. Said this might change by a couple of days.
He also mentioned that they are still having problems registering the car for the grant. So this could delay delivery. They aren’t able to register theIt own demonstrator.
He seemed quite keen on me postponing until Sept for new reg, which I’m not that bothered about, would rather just have the car in August :-)
He did mention that the grant was £3000, so I pointed out that when I placed the order it was £3500. Said he’d look into it. :?
Adv. 16" Wheels

Jaws

Post by Jaws »

Hi sbullo and welcome.

Modern Steel Metallic eh? Nice, I've gone for Platinum White Pearl. That was the colour of the one I saw at Geneva last year, liked it, so stuck with it 8-)

WRT the grant, I'm starting to wonder if Honda UK have got their knickers in a bit of a twist over this. The e is, I think, the first car Honda have sold in UK to qualify for any sort of OLEV grant and they may have been caught off guard by the reduction from £3.5k to £3k at the last Budget, with dealers having told the 'early adopters' who ordered before March 11th that they would definitely get £3.5k off list. The e only appeared on the OLEV list of eligible cars two weeks and one day ago, well after the first batch of cars were, I believe, shipped here from Japan. Plus early last week dealers had not yet received their OLEV portal log-in details to enable them to apply for the grant for each car they sell. This may partially explain the delays in delivering customers vehicles. Hopefully your dealer will honour the full £3.5k amount off list, but I wouldn't hold my breath unless I had it in writing.

Sorry to be a Jonah and I hope I'm wrong about the grant only being £3k :)
sbullo

Post by sbullo »

Hi Jaws,
I have since been very tempted by the blue, but I’ve had blue cars for the past 20 years so figured it was time for a change.
With regard to the grant, I do have 3.5k listed on the vehicle order form from the dealer so I’m expecting them to honour it otherwise I may walk. As much as I want the Honda e I don’t need it and it is a huge chunk of money. Especially at the moment!
Adv. 16" Wheels
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

"He seemed quite keen on me postponing until Sept for new reg"

I believe they get incentives from manufacturers at the start of a month, which expire at the end of that month.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

My local dealer principal said the e (and the Type R) are not part of targets or incentives. They are on top
Worth someone else verifying that message
I’m buying the blue one ☝️ 😊
sbullo

Post by sbullo »

I think with my dealer he was just having a good month and had hit his target already. So made sense that he offered to move the order to Sept.
Have to say, they've been very good throughout the whole process, rang me every few weeks, keeping me up to date with what was happening with the order.
Very excited about the Honda e, and chased Honda and got me the full 3.5k grant.
Really can't fault them.

Yeah the blue does look really nice, not seen one in real life yet, but all the vids and photos make it look fantastic.
Think you'll get even more attention in the blue, when driving around.
I've never owned a car that gets so many looks, it's very very strange!
Adv. 16" Wheels