One Week on: e static - a chilled drive to heaven

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Today, I had to return to my Stealers in Salisbury, to tweak my eSIM and WiFi hotspot. My Honda+ app would not Generate a PIN. But it’s all sorted now.

So I drove back up the Wylye valley, a route I had planned to take last week, but it didn’t happen. This ‘back road’ from Wilton, via Wylye takes you through Stockton, which happens to have a nice pub - The Carriers - and in order to help the local economy, I stopped for a pint of Estrella.

After a relaxing break, I realised that I could try the App and ask my e to chill out for me. And it did. Nice and cool when I stepped in, even though I had it set on the Warmer setting. And as I set off once again along this narrow, windy back road, with very little else using the route, I realised the e and its One Pedal driving has made me a very considerate and courteous driver. It is so easy to slow down, pullover and take off again. And given the narrow lanes I was driving along, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Think Austria. I did have to pull up fast at one point (White Van Man strikes again) so it’s great that my foot still knows where the brake pedal is.

Bluetooth Audio seems much easier to use than CarPlay. As soon as I set off my tunes were playing my soundtrack. And by now it was taking me back to 1970 Afton Down. Anyone else claimed to have been there? Jimi Hendrix “All along the Watchtower” and “Voodoo Child” testing the sound system.

I have owned some nice cars over the years, but I think my Honda e advance is my best yet. This drive was up there with driving my Morgan 4/4 down the Loire Valley in 1973, or driving my S2000 in Southern Ireland, where you can drive for miles without seeing other cars on the road. Who needs the ‘ego massage’ of a supercar. No, e static sums it up for now. This City Car is enjoying its escape to rural England.

38FDDCC7-6EBF-48EA-87AE-CF30FF3D2335.jpeg

Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

👍
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

Great writeup! It's high praise if you think it's better than a Morgan and an S2000!
Minky92

Post by Minky92 »

Lovely writeup, sounds amazing. I couldn't be more hyped!
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

The Morgan was great when I was young. Open air etc. Old Ford 1500cc engine gutless by today's standards. And the chassis/ash frame twisted. It turned heads in Canary Yellow. Obviously the S2000 was quick, esp. at high revs, and a beautiful car. A joy to own & drive, but....
the e is more refined, very easy to drive, just goes forward without any effort or noise. And since I'm much older now, it's very easy to get into and go.
All the tech, smart entry onwards, almost anticipates what you what to do next. It even persuaded my Dealer to top up its tank, while I drank their coffee.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

Sounds like a great drive. I agree that the Honda e really does suit B road blasting as much as tackling the traffic in the city. Do stay on the planet Earth though and enjoy the car though, rather than end up in Heaven! ;)
Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

Pure poetry.

Really helps keep the spirits up for those of us that are still waiting.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post