Hello from Gothenburg, Sweden

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
larsan

Post by larsan »

Hi, I'm David.

A black Advance E 17" will be mine in October (hopefully).

iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Hej hej och välkommen!
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Great news, have fun keeping it clean :D
I spent most of yesterday cleaning mine to an inch of it's life, then afterwards let one of my son's have a short drive and afterwards I almost cried 🤣 when I saw the wheels :o
Yes, that really is my full size car, even if it looks like a toy.

IMG_20200901_182704.jpg

IMG_20200901_191156~2.jpg

Last edited by londiniumperson on Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Jaws

Post by Jaws »

Am I right in thinking that the braking is all regenerative when using one pedal driving?

I would find it an interesting exercise to repeat the car washing (aiming to accumulate a similar amount of rust on the discs) and the subsequent drive but use Single Pedal Control only. Does that amount of brake disc rust show Sonny Jim had no alternative than to brake hard at some point?

Did you accompany him on the 'short drive'? If not, maybe it's time to review the dash cam footage! :lol:

PS Hello back to you in Gothenburg :D
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Jaws wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:57 pm Am I right in thinking that the braking is all regenerative when using one pedal driving?

I would find it an interesting exercise to repeat the car washing (aiming to accumulate a similar amount of rust on the discs) and the subsequent drive but use Single Pedal Control only. Does that amount of brake disc rust show Sonny Jim had no alternative than to brake hard at some point?

Did you accompany him on the 'short drive'? If not, maybe it's time to review the dash cam footage! :lol:

PS Hello back to you in Gothenburg :D
That's the rust off the disc which occurred after it was standing a day unused overnight, I doubt that it's brake pad dust.

I initially drove the car in standard drive mode to a nearby car park reasonably briskly and had to come to a complete stop a couple of times, so it's was probably all my fault in reality. This is because a few days earlier he reversed it only about 3m so that I could hear the low speed noise from outside and he scared himself by the sensitivity of the pedal, He drove very sedately, probably because I was with him.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Welcome David
I live in the countryside. We used to have a Black Subaru Impreza. Looked fabulous when clean, but as recognised here, very quickly looked dirty. I always thought my wife had a ploughing job 😊
larsan

Post by larsan »

Thanks all. I’ve owned black cars in the past and are well aware of them looking way dirtier than most colors.
Living in Gothenburg which receives as much rain as London plus snowy slush, it don’t really matter anyway.

But. I love it. 😂