Greetings from Norway!

Isow

Post by Isow »

Greetings from the UK !
Tell us about your Honda e experience.
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Welcome!
From what part of wonderful Norway are you?

Greetings from Berlin!
Olefjell

Post by Olefjell »

Isow wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:43 pm Greetings from the UK !
Tell us about your Honda e experience.
we have not recieved our Honda e yet. expected arrival 27. november. My experience with everything else is not so good...
it takes time, and nobody really knows when it actually will show up..
still exited and very curious on how it will perform here.
Olefjell

Post by Olefjell »

RAL7004 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:05 pm Welcome!

Greetings from Berlin!
Stationed in Sarpsborg, approx 1 hour south of Oslo.

How is the "E" performing in a big city like Berlin?
Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

Welcome, fellow Scandinavian!

I can’t say how the e feels in a big city, but it’s very much at home in the suburbs and towns north of Copenhagen.
Olefjell

Post by Olefjell »

Thank you very much!

How is the charging facilities in Denmark? sounds very good, I also live in a little city and cant wait to see how it will feel and ride this winter..
Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

Charging facilities suck badly for the e, though they are generally pretty good. Due to a legal limitation on amps per phase, charging cars with single phase chargers here is slow. A full charge from a public 11/22 kW charger here will take as long as it would with the granny charger.

In practical terms I’m getting around 10 km/hour on non-fast AC chargers. With my expected driving pattern this would be a non-issue even though I have no home charging options, but unfortunately the world shifted under my feet while I was waiting for the car. I was planning to charge at the office, but now I’m working from home until at least March...
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

Olefjell wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:23 pm
RAL7004 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:05 pm Welcome!

Greetings from Berlin!
Stationed in Sarpsborg, approx 1 hour south of Oslo.

How is the "E" performing in a big city like Berlin?
Can't speak for Berlin but I live in the middle of Copenhagen. It's great here! There's a decent number of public chargers and the municipality has since January 1st this year made it free for EVs to park in all public parking spots, so I haven't had any trouble yet finding (free) parking anywhere I go.

Initially I thought the car's small turning circle would be nothing but a gimmick, but it's actually turned out to be very practical on the small, old streets of Copenhagen, so where my Tesla neighbour has to do a 3 point to get it facing the direction of the nearest major road, I can just zip the Honda around and off we go :). It's very satisfying.
Sousaphone wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:49 am Charging facilities suck badly for the e, though they are generally pretty good. Due to a legal limitation on amps per phase, charging cars with single phase chargers here is slow. A full charge from a public 11/22 kW charger here will take as long as it would with the granny charger.

In practical terms I’m getting around 10 km/hour on non-fast AC chargers. With my expected driving pattern this would be a non-issue even though I have no home charging options, but unfortunately the world shifted under my feet while I was waiting for the car. I was planning to charge at the office, but now I’m working from home until at least March...
Hmm, are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure I get significantly more on E.ONs 11KW public chargers. It's not 11KW, but it's definitely more than 10km/h (which I guess would be around.. 1.6KW?). I have to time it next time I charge unless there's a way to see the current charge rate in the car.
Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

Left4Cookies wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:54 am Hmm, are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure I get significantly more on E.ONs 11KW public chargers. It's not 11KW, but it's definitely more than 10km/h (which I guess would be around.. 1.6KW?). I have to time it next time I charge unless there's a way to see the current charge rate in the car.
So far I've only tried the chargers at Herlev Hospital, both E.ON and Clever, and they both gave me sub-3.7kW charging. Currently testing the clever charger at Nærum station, so we'll see how that clocks in. I really wish we had better charging data in either app or car, but so far it expects to spend the next two hours and a bit to go from 68% to 85%.

As an aside, the E.ON fast DC charger by Fog in Lyngby absolutely refused to let go of my car yesterday, and resolving it took a good ten minutes on the phone with E.ON before we agreed I'd just use the emergency stop button...

Edit: 50% to 68% was done in 1 hour 40 minutes, so at a linear speed that would be a 10 hour full charge.

Even more edit: So I guess I'm getting 3.7kW-ish?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post