Hello from Ulm, Germany

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
drkite

Post by drkite »

Hi everyone,

hello from the town of Ulm in the southern part of Germany. Just got our pearl white Honda e delivered this Friday. My wife will mostly drive it in and around of Ulm. I myself am driving Tesla Model S since one year.

We started to search for a small all-electric town car in April/May this year. We had our three year old Audi A1 at the regular service, unfortunately at an Audi station. When we got it back, the bill was some 700€ - for basically nothing!!!! This was the tipping point when my wife asked me: Isn't there a nice small BEV available? (based on the experience with my BEV, where there is no such thing as SERVICE needed) As Tesla Model 2 will not be available for quite some time, we searched the internet and were immediately blown away by the new Honda e and both interior and exterior. The price initially also blew as away, but with the subsidy of 6000€ (German state) and 3000€ (Honda), the price looked much better. The Honda e looks so nice from the outside, and it has built in almost every new safety feature you can get. We watched Björn Nylands and Rowes Car Dealerships YT videos, did a test drive, and finally signed the contract in July. Then sold the A1, and took delivery of the Honda e after 5 months on Friday.

First drive back from the dealer was already great. My wife said, she had a huge smile on her face the entire time. The safety features are really great, back mirror camera very usefull with a sharp picture. Energy consumption and charging speed are...., but hey, this will a city car and for this, it is perfect.

Bernhard
Last edited by drkite on Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Welcome Bernhard, thanks for your telling us your reason for buying a Honda e.
It appears that Germany/Honda have very good subsidies, a lot better than the £3000 in the UK.

Have a read of some of the previous threads.
I'd also suggest saving a copy of the soft copy manual on your phone so that you can do a search in the event that you need to find out something whilst out and about.

Have a Google for the German version, there must be one, but here's the English version of the manual for anyone that would like it:
https://www.honda.co.uk/content/honda/e ... da%20e.pdf
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Congratulations Bernhard and Mrs B for your e choice. The Model S is a large vehicle. But a double EV family is the future. Now!
Welcome to the forum. And feedback or learning gratefully received
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Welcome, very envious of your discounts! Hopefully you took the service plan or you'll be wondering what the costs are for on the Honda too!
Ex e owner
drkite

Post by drkite »

Hi,
milligoon wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:59 am Welcome, very envious of your discounts! Hopefully you took the service plan or you'll be wondering what the costs are for on the Honda too!
I believe the huge discount here in Germany is the only way to sell the car. I really love the safety features and the look and the five screens, and so on, but the sticker price is....

They offer a service contract for 440€ which will cover the next five annual services. But hey, this is a BEV - why should it need a service EVERY YEAR?!?!? I am not going to buy this service contract, but rather have this done by the local garage around the corner.
.... and .... The sticker price of approx 38k€ does NOT include a type 2 charging cable... :o

Bernhard