Hello from Bucks (originally from Japan!)

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

If you do follow up with the grey with blue accents, I'd love to see photos of it. I can't visualise it, but I bet it would look cool.

Keeping the standard and accessory wheels might not be a bad idea you know, if you have room to store a spare set in a garage or shed. You could have the standards with winter tyres, and the accessory wheels for the standard PS4 tyres in warmer weather. Remember the e is RWD (Rear Wheel Drive). We're taking a little gamble this year that with super cautious driving, the weight of the e will be enough to push the tyres into the road.

My car has PS4S tyres but it's 4-wheel drive. In my experience, there is no substitute for winter tyres, so I'm kinda going against my own advice here with both cars!

Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Hi ChesterUK

Yes once I have it I will put it up on the gallery!
I don't drive around much now and I just want cool & fun car to enjoy. Yes it's interesting (?) that Honda used to be the proud leader of FWD in Japan, I don't understand why they went for RWD but I guess they decided it's safe enough for Europe market, including much colder Nordic countries. I will be extra careful if I drive e in the snow.

You are the first person who mention Winter tyres, it's legal in set time & places in Japan, there is spot check & fine - so I was horrified when I saw the UK cars skidding around freely when I came over to UK! I will keep that option in mind, thank you!
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Not sure if I'm supposed to continue but since it's not worth creating new topic... It's raining and miserable Sunday on Chiltern now so it's time for typing.

Now this Brexit related lorry queueing ever at dover, my car & parts delivery may be delayed in January I'm wondering!? I think I read somewhere Honda e are built at Swindon before it's closure next year or so, but this delivery problem temporarily stopped the production line last week - Brexit discussion extension (just announced today) won't help in my opinion but hey ho. Go Boris Go...

Meanwhile I found Honda e online manual for my bedtime reading and realised one of my misunderstandings. Those pretty wallpapers - I was assuming when I use sat nav on the screen on my side, I would 'leave' half fish tank or bamboo ... now I think this not possible then, am I right?

What do you put next to sat nav screen, music art cover, energy flow report or just leaving it black?? I'm just curious. Currently on my Smart EQ I prefer to have sat nav (& small music icon below) even for the well known route, so that I can constantly compare the remaining mileage to go & milage left from charge.

BTW Smart car owners acknowledge each other when pass on the road sometimes. Do you ever come across another Honda e on the road, if so did/would you wave?? I think I may :lol:

Lastly, one unimportant question: is there any lady member here??? (NB. hope this is not politically incorrect question! I'm female & non-tech person therefore interested to check if any similar people around already happily driving around the e)
bogga

Post by bogga »

I think all the Honda E's are built in Japan.

I've yet to see a single other E on the road yet, apart from the one I'm in. I am near a couple of other forum members, I just haven't bumped into them yet.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Don't bump into them, it'll ruin your no claims bonus :lol:
Ex e owner
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Don't worry Marmite, the Honda e’s are only made in Japan, in Yorii, Saitama and come to Europe by car ship. That ship moors in various EU countries, including the UK. As long as the UK has a trade agreement with Japan, there is nothing to worry about.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

I tend to have satnav on one screen & Apple CarPlay on the other. Either Spotify or podcast menu. Or electric flow if no satnav. To be fair, not going far so satnav not necessary
There are some beautiful backgrounds that a number of the chaps here have identified and downloaded. If you search for the thread, it explains how to copy & download
omara500

Post by omara500 »

bogga wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:34 pm I think all the Honda E's are built in Japan.

I've yet to see a single other E on the road yet, apart from the one I'm in. I am near a couple of other forum members, I just haven't bumped into them yet.
Yesterday I drove past a wrapped E in what looked like an dark matt olive green colour. Was in Richmond and I was driving a yellow E.
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Thank you for the reassuring information that Honda e built in Japan! Hopefully customs etc will clear as normal timing !
Yes I saw the wallpaper thread - something to try once I have the actual car - fingers crossed the dealership will remain open after new year :roll:

It will be fun more Honda e will appear on the road and if we smile each other ;)
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Hi Marmite,
Great choice of colour. My Test Drive was in Dealers Grey Modern Steel Metallic.

730883E3-A81C-4769-8C86-F9D705DA53AA.jpeg

Public Charging is getting better all the time, and great for topping up when you are out and about.
My No.1 go-to is PodPoint at Tesco - free and very easy.
Instavolt is also easy Rapid, because no App required and uses Contactless debit card.
BP have acquired Polar and rebranded as BP Pulse. Currently 1st 3 months is free. You can Start & Stop using App, or request an RFID card - free with Direct Debit sign up.
Also some Councils offer Free to Use in their Car Parks
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post