Hello from Bucks (originally from Japan!)

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Hi Advance2020 many thanks for the charging info. We have large Tesco near by, I knew there were charging points built but since it was called Volkeswagen something, I wasn't sure if my Smart EQ should dear go near (...well I just assumed it's payable). Now checked on the website yes it's free, I have downloaded the app. I don't need to put money it seems??

I have several back ups on my phone with minimum deposit eg. Electric Highway, Source London, BP Pulse, Polar Instant and there is GeniePoint (not app but via internet). It's so confusing :roll: I'm sure when I really need them I will have lost password or whatever.

Bucks don't offer free charging though have EV charging parking spaces - however for example at Gerrard Cross station car park EV bays they are always non EV cars parked. Is there any way to stop them in the future!

I do try to fill up at home charger and come home without charging outside but Smart EQ have very short range in winter (65miles!) so I'm hoping to enjoy WARM driving without bulky coat on, once I have my E!!!
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:

advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Hi again Marmite,
The Pod Points at Tesco are in partnership with VW, so the big screens are promoting VW and presumable they have invested so new ID3 owners can use. But anyone can. Although these are only 7kW Charge points, they are really easy to use.
1. just park up and plug in - using your own cable - and the car will start to charge immediately.
2. Pod Point give you 15 mins free, so you have plenty of time to open their App, search your location and select the post Name and Socket A or B.
3. The App will show that you are Charging, and you just need to click to Confirm your Charge. It couldn't be easier.
4. You can charge as long as you can park. Time varies in my location from 1.5hrs to 3hrs for Parking. Although I have been into a Tesco which only had 1.5hrs, and they quickly agreed to let me park "all day" by confirming my reg. I just needed to stay 2hrs.
5. to End Charge, simply Unplug from your car, and then remove cable from Charge Point.
6. The App has good Stats. It tells you exactly the time you Started and Ended the Charge, plus the kWh provided for free. Charge rate is normally about 6KW

It is quite easy to add 30-35 miles to your range by parking up for under 2hrs. Useful when it comes free.

One other note: Your Polar Instant App will no longer work with Polar posts. You have to use BP Pulse now. You can request an RFID card from BP Pulse, which makes things easy, in case mobile signal is poor.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Hi advance2020, many thanks for detailed explanation - so useful to know beforehand & to have it here on my phone for future reference.

No.5, 'simply unplug from your car' = I guess this is possible only after I unlock the car (= nobody else can)?

As for Polar Instant App, thank you I have deleted it now to avoid the confusion. Can I purchase/request RFID card and charge it and leave it there, or do I have to pay monthly fee to do so? I think I did use 3month free offer (?) from Polar then cancelled it since I hardly use outside charger.

Apologies for newbie question even though having driven EV car 2.5years :oops:
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Hi Marmite, and (belated) welcome to the forum!

Looks like you're doing all the right research in advance. ๐Ÿ‘

Re:
Marmite wrote: โ†‘Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:04 pm Meanwhile I found Honda e online manual for my bedtime reading and realised one of my misunderstandings. Those pretty wallpapers - I was assuming when I use sat nav on the screen on my side, I would 'leave' half fish tank or bamboo ... now I think this not possible then, am I right?
Yes, that is sadly the case. I actually find it very annoying that you can't just have a single app used and the other display still show the wallpaper. Sometimes even, when you do something like switch off the radio, you get the blank semi-transparent black "nothingness" over both displays. :(
What do you put next to sat nav screen, music art cover, energy flow report or just leaving it black?? I'm just curious. Currently on my Smart EQ I prefer to have sat nav (& small music icon below) even for the well known route, so that I can constantly compare the remaining mileage to go & milage left from charge.
I put the Flow-Meter, but it is a bit gimmicky really tbh.
BTW Smart car owners acknowledge each other when pass on the road sometimes. Do you ever come across another Honda e on the road, if so did/would you wave?? I think I may :lol:
Ha, I always think about this clip in that scenario!
Lastly, one unimportant question: is there any lady member here??? (NB. hope this is not politically incorrect question! I'm female & non-tech person therefore interested to check if any similar people around already happily driving around the e)
No idea I'm afraid, but our e is actually my (non-tech) wife's car, and she is loving it!

For ChesterUK...
ChesterUK wrote: โ†‘Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:33 am If you do follow up with the grey with blue accents, I'd love to see photos of it. I can't visualise it, but I bet it would look cool.

2020-12-18 (2).png

2020-12-18 (3).png

2020-12-18 (4).png

8-)
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Hi Rickwookie, thanks for your welcome & useful input! Good to know.
lol on that clip - and your wife should visit here sometimes ;) What's the colour of your wife's e???

And Yes that's almost my plan of grey with blue, except I went blue for Grill garnish (ie. spoiler was a bit too much) + CMS cover as well. Wasn't keen on bumper mouldings on the front, it reminded me of those lines underneath eyes like some sports guys draw iykwim. Can't wait to see it in real life, perhaps side mould was too much but hey ho.

Fingers crossed for smooth (!) Brexited New Year & January without lockdown....
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Marmite wrote: โ†‘Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:31 pm Hi Rickwookie, thanks for your welcome & useful input! Good to know.
lol on that clip - and your wife should visit here sometimes ;) What's the colour of your wife's e???

And Yes that's almost my plan of grey with blue, except I went blue for Grill garnish (ie. spoiler was a bit too much) + CMS cover as well. Wasn't keen on bumper mouldings on the front, it reminded me of those lines underneath eyes like some sports guys draw iykwim. Can't wait to see it in real life, perhaps side mould was too much but hey ho.

Sorry, been off the forum for a bit. Ourโ€™s is blue. We originally chose yellow, but there was no love for it when we saw it in the flesh. The change of mind to blue meant we got our car a couple of months later, but it was worth it.

Anyway, just saw this posted: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=661
Any chance of a translation?! ๐Ÿ˜ Does the Japanese version come with a TV tuner, or is that a hack?
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

rickwookie wrote: โ†‘Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:51 am
Marmite wrote: โ†‘Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:31 pm Hi Rickwookie, thanks for your welcome & useful input! Good to know.

Sorry, been off the forum for a bit. Ourโ€™s is blue. We originally chose yellow, but there was no love for it when we saw it in the flesh. The change of mind to blue meant we got our car a couple of months later, but it was worth it.

Anyway, just saw this posted: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=661
Any chance of a translation?! ๐Ÿ˜ Does the Japanese version come with a TV tuner, or is that a hack?
No need to be sorry I had been away - but bored with lockdown and came back! Ohhh blue, that's nice one, I was almost gone for blue then changed mind at the last moment. Fingers crossed my e will arrive soon - dealer says 'end of January' but looking at UK port queuing ....

I did watch that video and commented on that thread ;)
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Marmite wrote: โ†‘Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:30 pm I did watch that video and commented on that thread ;)
Thanks, just saw it. ๐Ÿ‘
SuperRocket61

Post by SuperRocket61 »

Are the side body and grill garnishes attached by sticky? I was thinking that if I am going to go that route I should do it before waxing the car!
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

:lol: Wow this is such old thread :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=715#p7651 This is done picture if it helps.

It's all done by dealer before delivery for me, so I have no idea how it's fixed but I guess it's just sticky (Cox has discounted deal https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda/h ... cessories/ if you are planning to do it DIY)

Good luck and looking forward to seeing your choices.... :P

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post