Lurker finally going for the right car

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
Haaploos

Post by Haaploos »

Hey everyone!

I have been drooling at the Honda e since first shown as the Urban EV.
Been going back and forth about buying one or not. I have been looking at everything from older VW e-up/Leafs and all the way up to model 3 and everything in-between. But finally decided to go for the Honda e, there is just something unique about this car!
Will get deliver of it some time next week, modern steel metallic and 17" rims. (Looks > little bit of extra range)

I have had a BMW i3 2014(64Ah) from 2015-2019, which I liked a lot. So im not totally new to EVs. I know the range on the e sucks, but the i3 was sufficient for our usage so the e will hopefully give us around 50%+ range compared to the i3.

Been reading the what to look for on delivery day thread and feel like its just the "normal" stuff like panel gaps etc. and ofc the chipping on the hood where the wipers are. Anyone has anything more tips?
I have ordered the car from the Honda e dealer in Oslo(Mobile Asker), any fellow Norwegians here that know if these guys know how to activate the car/app ?

Looking forward to be full member of this forum and community, and will try to contribute as much as possible =)
Modern steel advance 17"

Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Congratulations Haap - good decision. Well I would say that 😊
Just see what other extras you can negotiate as part of your deal. Mats, etc.
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Congrat, I hope I follow your footstep soon....
Please let me know what you checked & what you found etc etc!!
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
Haaploos

Post by Haaploos »

Wall of text inc!

Picked up the car today and it went pretty much smooth.
They activated the sim while I was there, so we could get the app going.
We had some trouble when generating the pin-code between the car and phone, the pin-code didn't seem to be received by the car immediately. This may be because the sim just had been activated. We decided to restart the app and try again, when waiting for the second pin-code suddenly the two pin-codes came at the same time. Then the app bugged itself or something, then we tried a third time, then the pin code came after 10 seconds or something.

When activating the app, you get the option to add some packages, the following packages are free(for now?).
One thing that the sales rep told me was to order the basic package first, then wait for this to be activated in the app, then ordering the safety package. He said that they have had some troubles when trying to order/add both of them at the same time or adding the safety pack when the basic isn't activated yet.

After a throughout inspection of the car we found some small scratches on the roof/side rails on the far back, they easily buffed these out. There was also another small scratch on the bonnet which they had to use machine polish to remove. There was also something that looked like glue/residue from maybe the "wrap"/"slime" they apply on the cars for transport, in the gap between the rear hatch and left side. Very tiny. This also buffed out pretty much to nothing.

I have just driven the car home(25km), so I haven't done that much mileage yet, but I'm thrilled and looking forward to using this car.
Modern steel advance 17"
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Thank you for the report. So many scratches ... is it normal on any new car?? Glad they are all sorted out. Also you got the app too. I guess it's different in the UK but I will ask question tomorrow at my test drive.

Would love to see the car picture here or in the gallery thread!

Congrats again :-)
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
Haaploos

Post by Haaploos »

Thanks! I will upload some pictures later :)

We did a very thorough inspection of the car, I think “normal” people would have let these go or not notice them at all. I was too focused on everything else, so it was my brother that actually saw the small marks.

The ones on the roof rails were more like wash swirls(?) as it wasn’t scratches like the ones you get when hitting something with your car. The one on the bonnet was a bit deeper, but not as big or deep as rock chips. As it’s a new car, I wanted it to be perfect!
Modern steel advance 17"