Hi from Cambridgeshire!

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
langsta

Post by langsta »

Hi all!

I haven't got my E yet, as I'm waiting till May for my bday to get it :D

Cannot wait though so finding it hard to resist!

I'm going to go for the E Advance in white, indecisive about 16 or 17" at the moment so would be good to hear from owners who have them!

Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Congratulations and enjoy your e
Happy birthday too
Wheels v personal choice. I went for the 17”. The Michelin’s, I think, are a better tyre. But less mileage. But not an issue for me.
Either one will look good 👍
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Welcome, those weeks are going to drag :cry:
Ex e owner
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

Hey langsta! I'm also in Cambridgeshire. We have still yet to see another e on the road other than the dealer's demo car!

I'm not sure there's the claimed difference in range between the wheel options. We can get as low range as everyone else in winter on 17s. The ride is definitely softer on 16s and with less overall grip. If you want to extract every ounce of efficiency, I'll be as bold to say that maybe the Honda e is not the best choice. If range and efficiency doesn't matter too much, you'll enjoy it!
langsta

Post by langsta »

Thanks all! I am leaning towards the 16" for comfort sake, I read up that it is indeed a smoother ride like ChesterUK mentioned...I've had enough of feeling potholes up my spine!

RE grip, I'm not too bothered, I am quite a conservative driver anyway, and efficiency is definitely not on the top of my list, otherwise I'd have gone for the Renault Zoe (so impressive range-wise!)
ajms0288

Post by ajms0288 »

Sounds to me like you have put some proper thought into your own wants and needs.
I for one am getting tired of EVs being defined by the dreaded range. There is more to living with a car than range.
Blue Advance 17in. Delivered 11th March 2021. Love it. 1900 miles 3.4m/kWh
Kangoo ZE delivered 1st April 2021. No AC, old school but £150/month plus VAT. 2600 miles 3.9m/kWh
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

The E looks much better with the 17in in my opinion and mine is comfortable enough with them. Just put the right amount of pressure, around 33psi and you will be fine. When I got it from the dealer tyre pressure was 48psi (O_o)
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Hi Langsta,

I wanted the 17" wheels from the outset, with Michelins.
In case you are worried about the 45mm's being low, or giving you a hard ride. Don't worry.
The Honda suspension and ride quality means you don't even know they are 45's - lowish profile.
My wife has an Audi A1 1.4 Sport with similar 45mm Michelins - and it feels as though its on rails by comparison.
Our son had A1 S Line with 40mm, and that was the same.
Although some might choose 16" for the "extra range" the difference is unlikely to be a huge benefit. So it comes down to appearance. And whether you like to show off your Gas Burners. I would add these wheels are easy to clean compared with most Alloys I have had in the past. So enjoy, and welcome.

And if the 17" wheels with Michelins still come as Standard on the Advance, i.e. at no extra cost, you will have bit more rubber on the road to use the more powerful motor. Have fun, and smile......
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons