Hello from Essex

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
Collinsjr

Post by Collinsjr »

Hello, I have on order via my employers salary sacrifice the E advanced in blue with 16 inch wheels, expected in March. I am very much looking forward to driving, never took a test drive, but I am positive I made the best choice of EVs.

I selected the option to have a home charger 7.4Kwh, of which is a BP Chargemaster, I can not find any good reviews on the Chargemaster at home, does anyone have experience of using. I have requested this be changed to a Pod Point, again has any one experience of using? Good, Bad & the Ugly?

I was advised my car will be delivered with a UK 3 pin charger lead & a Pod Point charger lead, is this standard?

Thanks in advance
James

Bazarooney

Post by Bazarooney »

Had our e since last August and despite the reduced mileage due to Johnson’s criminal incompetence we are very pleased with it. I researched the home charging options and went for the podpoint. Highly impressed with the installers and the product. Does it’s job simply and efficiently. Neat and attractive too.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

You picked the best colour - I’ve a blue on 17”.

I think the home chargers are much of a muchness unless you have solar PV, in which case myenergi zappi. Or want to use agile tariffs, in which case the Ohme is your best choice.
I’ve a Zappi mk1 and it’s been fine for 2+ years

I hope this helps. And welcome to club e 👍
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Collinsjr wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:49 pm
I was advised my car will be delivered with a UK 3 pin charger lead & a Pod Point charger lead, is this standard?
For UK supplied cars, yes. 1 x 3 pin (aka "Granny Charger") and 1 x Type2->Type2 cables in matching Honda branded bags.
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
Theolegit

Post by Theolegit »

Hi I’ve got a chargemaster installed, in a nutshell terrible customer service worst ever! Really good installer, no problems yet with charging apps works fine, 3 months and counting.
keithr

Post by keithr »

I have had a Pod Point home charger for 4.5 years, and it is still working perfectly (although it was upgraded about 3 years ago, from a 16amp to a 32amp charge point, and Type 1 to Type 2 plug). I chose to have a tethered lead rather than just a socket and having to use the Type 2 lead supplied with the car. I think it's quicker, easier and cleaner to be able to just lift the plug out of the holder, unwind a bit of cable and plug it into the car, rather than having to walk to the rear of the car, unlock the car (ok, that's easy with the Honda e!), get the cable out of the boot, walk back to the front of the car, plug the correct end of the cable into the charge point, plug the other end into the car, and leave the long cable lying on the ground which may be wet and muddy. Then afterwards having to wind up the (possibly dirty) cable and place it back in the car.

People used to argue that having a socket on the chargepoint was more flexible because you could plug in a vehicle with either a Type 1 or Type 2 socket at the car end, you just needed a cable with the correct plug for the chargepoint - usually a Type 2. Type 2 seems to have become the standard now, so having a tethered cable seems more sensible and convenient to me. I now also have a Zero electric motorbike, which uses a Type 1 socket on the bike, but I can still use my tethered lead chargepoint for the bike because I simply bought a Type 2 to Type 1 converter cable (just a very short cable between the two plugs).
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Totally agree Keith. Much easier have a tethered wall box.

I have the utter luxury of electric garage doors. Drive straight in (e cameras fab for this). Get out in the dry. Plug in I required. Walk straight into utility room from garage pressing button to close door.
Bliss 😊
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Collinsjr wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:49 pm Hello, I have on order via my employers salary sacrifice the E advanced in blue with 16 inch wheels, expected in March.
Hi James. Welcome and congratulations on picking the "correct" colour/wheels combo. :P