Hello from Istanbul (41/ M / Producer, 1 of 15 Honda E owners in Turkey)

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
ozan

Post by ozan »

This is a city full of obstacles :) Everyday driving is a challenge and roads here are nothing like European or American "smooth."
I am a complete beginner now and I will share my problems and hopefully solutions with you fellow Honda e users! Cheers!

RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Know exactly what you're talking about: Driving a car and driving a car in Istanbul are two different things!

Welcome and cheers from Berlin!
ozan

Post by ozan »

Thanks :) For the time being, everything is all right. We'll see :)
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Welcome.
The UK roads have been deteriorating over the past years, particularly the minor roads as I found out last week when I had to drive to a town 15 miles away and choose the shortest route instead of via the main roads, the many dozens of potholes and the potential damage to my car was not worth the saving in energy, next time I'll take the longer main route.
I'm sure that they are not as bad as Istanbul, but some are close.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
ozan

Post by ozan »

I feel like, after what you've said, one of the key takeaways of owning such a delicate vehicle, is tthat we should take the smoother route, in terms of potholes and general road quality. Potholes make you slow down and accelerate more times than necessary, depleting more battery power. Also we totally need to avoid all kinds of small debris, as I expect the fixing costs for this particular model is higher than average.

It is hard to accept but this is actually a "premium" vehicle.and should be taken care as such.

*** kaching! cash register sound effecft***

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post