Hello from Cheshire

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
Alan G

Post by Alan G »

Hello there .
I take delivery of my E next week , so far I have spent my time trying to arrange the installation of a charging point , I am expecting a few problems with the electrical installation into an old house .
I am looking forward to next week hopefully all will go smoothly .
It is intended to replace my wife's car but we don't really need two cars now but , I am nervous about loosing the range and load carrying capacity of the Evoque . Time will tell .

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Welcome, that sounds quite a change from an Evoque.
As for not space you'll get used to what you have, the rear seats are quick and easy to fold down.
Have a look at the thread:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=673
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Welcome! :D and I will be looking forward to see your e pics. Fingers crossed for your charging point installation!!
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Keep an old car for tip runs etc if you can afford to, you don't want to spoil your new car with stuff like that
Ex e owner
Alan G

Post by Alan G »

Thank you for the welcome , I would like to keep the other car , the Honda garage has offered a really good trade in price for it ,so I am tempted.
I shall see how the new car goes it would be a shame to put a wet retriever in the back of the Honda.
I will post a photo when I get the car .
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Welcome to club e Alan. As long as you have a 60A to 80A incoming electric supply. Your electrician should install a separate trip fuse. Or add one to your consumer unit if you have space. Solar PV next to charge the e
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

milligoon wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:12 pm Keep an old car for tip runs etc if you can afford to, you don't want to spoil your new car with stuff like that
Haha, I used the wife's e for a tip run after about 3 days of ownership! Just keep the inside well protected, no problem at all.
Alan G

Post by Alan G »

We are expecting our car to be delivered in 6 days , I have never seen one on the road yet . Lat night on the way home I thought we should have a look at the position of our local (and only) fast charger , pulled onto the supermarket car park and there was only one car there ...a Honda e .
Now is this a bad omen ? is this my future sitting on a dark car park getting enough charge to get home.
Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

I’ve spent quite a bit of time in dark parking lots and not so dark ones - but only because I don’t have a charger at home. I’m sure you’ll be mostly fine, and that the range anxiety will go down over time. Mine has.
Alan G

Post by Alan G »

The other car is a Range Rover Evoque , so quite a contrast , It's deciding if we really need two cars now that I have taken early retirement . I could always hang on to it for a while and see how we get on with the small one . The dealer did offer a good trade in price for it ,so I am tempted to sell and take the chance .