Hello from Lancashire!

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
Nebrog23

Post by Nebrog23 »

Hi
I’ve posted a few times but a proper intro now it’s up and running.
Finally had my E a few weeks after ordering in September. Absolutely love it. Had a small hiccup with the leasing company who supplied the car with the wrong wheels (16” and not the ordered 17”) but all sorted now.
Actually got to drive the 16” advance until the replacement arrived! I’ll post a quick comparison up at a later date if anyone is interested.
Had loads of comments and people coming up to look at it!

49C8921F-21A6-417B-803E-8C3BF36F971F.jpeg

Last edited by Nebrog23 on Tue May 11, 2021 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

Welcome to this forum! Keen to read about your comparison standard/advance.
Karl V

Post by Karl V »

Hello!

How very timely...

I'm about 2 or 3 weeks away from hopping into a Honda e and I really can't decide between the 16" or 17" wheels.

I understand that the 16" tyres offer less rolling road resistance, but I'm very tempted with the extra tyre width of the 17". But the 17" tyres are a lower profile, so are they more harsh on the ride???

Could you feel any noticeable difference between the two in the real world?

Cheers.
Nebrog23

Post by Nebrog23 »

Yes definitely harsher but I wouldn’t describe the ride as harsh if that makes sense.
I did about 450 miles on the 16” and have done 700 on the 17’s
With the 17” wheel I noticed the road noise is significantly more, they are quite a bit bouncier and I think there is a bigger impact on the economy than the quoted figures.
I wouldn’t say they are harsh because the suspension is so good at soaking up bumps etc but they are noticeably firmer. The E has a fair amount of lean in the corners but it does grip better on the 17”.
I also noticed that the car seemed nippier with the 16” ( possibly the lower weight of the wheels)

I think the 17” wheels look fantastic and really set the car off, I wasn’t keen on the 16” aesthetics.I also love the Michelin tyres but if I ordered again I’d probably go for 16”. Primarily for the quieter cabin noise and comfort/ less bounce.
Range wasn’t an issue for me but If your concerned the 16” seemed much easier to get significantly more range.
There have been reports of rattles and I’ve had a couple in each car I have driven, especially on poor road surfaces so this is more noticeable with 17” wheels.
Hope that helps you decide !
Last edited by Nebrog23 on Tue May 11, 2021 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nebrog23

Post by Nebrog23 »

SwissChris wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:04 pm Welcome to this forum! Keen to read about your comparison standard/advance.
Both where advance models just different wheels
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Welcome and thanks for sharing e twin picture & wheel difference report.
I'm sure lots of people passing your house are wondering why you got two identical cars side by side...
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

Thank you Nebrog23 for your comprehensive answers! Very interesting, I had a test drive with a Tesla Model 3 LR 2021 and when returning to my Honda e (17"), I was suprised how much more refined the drive feels in the Honda compared to the Tesla, but it seems on 16" it would even be better :)
Nebrog23

Post by Nebrog23 »

Marmite wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:49 pm Welcome and thanks for sharing e twin picture & wheel difference report.
I'm sure lots of people passing your house are wondering why you got two identical cars side by side...
Yes, especially when my neighbour let me put it on their drive so people kept asking who got one first! Sadly it has gone back now!
Karl V

Post by Karl V »

Thanks for the wheel size comparison - much appreciated!

Sounds like the taller tyre wall of the 16s will swallow up more of the smaller bumps, which will make my boss happy. And at the same time, will allow me to exploit the rear wheel drive nature of the car a little more with slightly less grip - but not when the boss and / or our kids are in the car of course :shock:

And if my boss is reading this... Just thinking of your comfort hun. Love you.

Sounds like 16s it is then...
Nebrog23

Post by Nebrog23 »

Karl V wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:17 pm Thanks for the wheel size comparison - much appreciated!

Sounds like the taller tyre wall of the 16s will swallow up more of the smaller bumps, which will make my boss happy. And at the same time, will allow me to exploit the rear wheel drive nature of the car a little more with slightly less grip - but not when the boss and / or our kids are in the car of course :shock:

And if my boss is reading this... Just thinking of your comfort hun. Love you.

Sounds like 16s it is then...
😂. I don’t think you will be disappointed with the 16” at all. I was really surprised how quiet and comfortable they are. It was only when the correct car turned up I missed them!
Either way the car is absolutely brilliant!