Hello from Newcastle

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

Hello, I am in Newcastle and have a Honda E Advance on order.

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Hello and Welcome tcg68!

Any snow up there this morning?
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

No snow. Newcastle rarely gets snow for some micro-climate reason (sea level, North Sea etc.). Durham and Consett areas are where you need to be in the North East if you like the snow.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Yeah it’s always been sunny whenever I’ve been in Newcastle to be fair.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Welcome to the forum, just down the road from you in Hartlepool. Thankfully being low and coastal we tend to miss the snow as well.

What colour etc. have you went for then?
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

tcg68 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:34 pm Hello, I am in Newcastle and have a Honda E Advance on order.
Welcome, which colour & wheels size did you choose?

Did you manage to get a priority order in (i.e. placed a ordered via a dealer by 31 Oct 2019), or have you only recently placed an order, or just a deposit?

I ask because it would be good to get an idea of when cars have been ordered.

On the MG ZS EV forum a lot of people were initially stating that they had ordered an EV, when in fact they'd only put down a refundable deposit after the 1st few cars had been delivered and were wondering why dealers weren't contacting them to collect their car!
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

I put my reservation deposit down on 23rd December and gave my local dealer a call immediately after. Was in the showroom a couple of hours later placing an order and had my reservation deposit refunded within 5 days. The dealer hasn't given me a delivery date but seems to think my car will be in the first batch.

I have gone for the 17" wheels because I think they look more interesting. I don't think the range penalty is anything to worry about. I have ordered in White as I wanted the contrast with the black accents.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Good choice. I’m still sceptical about the difference in range between the wheels, and unless our dealer gives us the opportunity to make any changes at this stage while guaranteeing we keep our delivery slot, we won’t be swapping to the 16s. Although, I did manage to kerb mine again this week, reminding me how impractical low profile tires are for a car around town. :oops:
keithr

Post by keithr »

rickwookie wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:17 am Good choice. I’m still sceptical about the difference in range between the wheels, and unless our dealer gives us the opportunity to make any changes at this stage while guaranteeing we keep our delivery slot, we won’t be swapping to the 16s. Although, I did manage to kerb mine again this week, reminding me how impractical low profile tires are for a car around town. :oops:
For comparison, the Tesla Model Y Performance, which is just about to be launched, Tesla says has a range of 280 miles, but the EPA listing is 315 miles. The 315 miles is for the 19" wheels, whereas the optional 21" wheels give a range of 280 miles - about 11% less (information from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_l-QzJSpX0). The range difference for the 16" and 17" wheels on the Honda e is less than that - around 4.5%, so I believe Honda's figures.
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

So just been to the dealer this afternoon. Paid a £600 non-refundable deposit to "lock in" my order. System is showing an estimated delivery of June.