Hello from Newcastle

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
keithr

Post by keithr »

Non-refundable? The dealer said that the deposit I paid is refundable if after driving a demo car I decide I don't want one, although the small print of the contract doesn't say that. (It does say that the deposit is refundable if the price of the car changes and I decide not to proceed.) They shouldn't expect you to commit to buying such an expensive car which is a new model that you've never seen or driven. Hopefully though there will not be any reason for you to change your mind. :)

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

In the words of my dealer "we've never not refunded a deposit at the customers request in all the time I've worked here". So Honda are not prepared to put that in writing anywhere, but it's the accepted convention I suppose. He also went on the say that as we'd be in the first tranche of deliveries, they would have no issue selling our order to someone else. Of course, that's assuming there's no glaring issue that arises once the demonstrators arrive, making no one want to buy one! (Einpark-Crash anyone?) :lol:
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

rickwookie wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:03 am In the words of my dealer "we've never not refunded a deposit at the customers request in all the time I've worked here". So Honda are not prepared to put that in writing anywhere, but it's the accepted convention I suppose. He also went on the say that as we'd be in the first tranche of deliveries, they would have no issue selling our order to someone else. Of course, that's assuming there's no glaring issue that arises once the demonstrators arrive, making no one want to buy one! (Einpark-Crash anyone?) :lol:
That's the same line my dealer gave, however he agreed to put the refundable deposit in writing on the order form.
However I suspect that there'll be a demand at delivery time so it should be easy to sell on if I change my mind and I shouldn't be out of pocket by much if at all.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current