Hello

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
eHonda

Post by eHonda »

Hi people.
I like the E. Honda wallpaper...very cool.
Check out my Youtube Channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4v3H9 ... 4JMdeK6Brg
Please subscribe as I upload videos all the time and I have some interesting topics about Honda e which you might like.
I also design decals for Honda e to protect the car from scratches.
As you know there's lots of shiny plastic all around the vehicle waiting to be scratched so please look at my products.
Check out my shop at: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/deefrederick-0

Look forward to hearing from you all.
eHonda - 1st reg 30/04/21 - 16'' Stock rims - Honda e standard
My videos at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4v3H9d6DmyW-4JMdeK6Brg
My designs at:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/deefrederick-0
Not a social media jerk just a crazy creative nerd

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Hello, you must be one of, if not the first person to have bought a Honda e standard from a UK dealer, what made you decide on the base model over the Advance?
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
eHonda

Post by eHonda »

Since I am using it for work and paying for it myself, I did plenty research to make sure I wasn't buying extras (crap) I didn't need.

1) The rear view mirror is below standard. There are many rear view mirror cameras online with better quality for cheaper.
The fact that Honda gives you the option to switch that off is really the truth in the matter.
The mirror sucks and it's not worth the money. At my test drive I saw the hinderance of it, grainy and in the rain...Useless.

2) The uk power socket would be a cool feature if I could use the screens as a monitor while the car is in motion.
The heater, sound system and other comforts already drain the battery reasonably fast...
Why would I need another power consumer on board?

3) The mags wheels on the base model are in my opinion much sportier and beats the advance wheels hands down.
17" tires are way more expensive too so I can't see why that is a great feature (For my purposes).

4) The parking assist is for people who can't park and have loads of time to kill....I don't.
Imagine me using parking assist about 50 times a day....That just ain't practical.
I have an advanced drivers license and don't have any problems parking this tiny car; it's so easy!

5) Apart from the wheels on the advance....Nothing else sets it apart from the base model on the outside.
Both come with a manual panoramic roof and the boot size is the same.
Seats and inside trims are all as the byer specifies so not much differences available anyway.
Leg room for rear passengers are the same on both models.
They come in the same colors and the details are identical.

6) The advance has a slightly bigger engine but it also has 30kg extra.
The base model runs 0 - 60 in 9secs and the advance is faster by 0.7 of a second.
The roads are monitored so what difference does that really make?

7) Furthermore the advance has a few extra control buttons on the steering for things it has over the base model.
Heated steering, heated windshield, de-ice and all those features just spell less battery life to me...so I wasn't sold on those either.
Both have the one pedal button and fully automatic gearbox.
Both have Honda e driver assists and technology.

Right now I might be the only one as you stated, but in time could prove to be the most sensible of all.
My videos at:
My designs at:
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Welcome eHonda.

I don’t think Londi was suggesting at any point that your decision wasn’t in any way “sensible”. I think it was just genuine interest, since for a long time only the Advance model was available to order.

Personally though, if the decision to get a standard is an economic one, I’d be interested to know how much cheaper a new Standard model can be got for, over a pre-registered Advance model that some dealers have surplus of for example.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

In all reality any Honda e, whether the Standard or the Advance is not a sensible choice if economics is the basis.

Quite a few of us also bought the Honda e outright as a personal purchase & in a way in glad only the Advance model was available at the time of purchase simply because I would have seriously considered the base model if it had been available at the time. Though having owned mine over a winter the heated windscreen, wipers, seats & steering wheel are a very welcome addition.
Also the 360 camera & rear view camera are invaluable for me to park millimetres from a fence & hedge each day. Also the additional safety features (e.g. Blind Spot Information with Cross Traffic Monitor) are well worth having.
I think the additional cost is well worth it for these features included, though I do agree that I wouldn't miss the park assist as it's too slow nor the 3pin socket which is bit of a gimic though useful for using a household vacuum cleaner to clean the interior rather than having to use an extension lead or purchase a handheld cordless version just for this purpose.
I've just remembered that the Advance also has an updated audio system, which even though I'm no audiophile I think it would be a disappointment on the base model considering that it's already not that great on my Advance.
As for the wheels, I specifically choose the 17" wheels for the looks & the sportier driving experience of the lower profile and sport biased tyres. The difference in cost between the 16 & 17 inch wheels of the tyres is miniscule with many brands available for both sizes.
I can't see that the difference in weight would make any perceivable different in range as it's only between 7 & 29kg heavier as indicated on the Honda website, if I was that concerned over such a minor issue then I would be looking at a different car all together. This is a car bought by the heart, not the head because it is seriously flawed in many ways, there are many other better value EV's, if practically or value for money is a priority.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
eHonda

Post by eHonda »

Ok, I don't stare at my car in the driveway; it's a work tool. From the moment I get in to the end of my day (average 1oomiles plus p/day).
My base model was a simple business choice. No bells and whistles, I work and that's it.
Save money hell yes!!! Call me cheap, poor whatever you want.
I work hard for what I have and this is not my first out of the box purchase so definitely aware of dealership wrangling.
Those guys on the Honda showroom don't even know how to work the app or the one pedal function effectively so what do they know?
After my second day of ownership, drove around in sport mode draining the battery and range... Charged up and got only 80miles at 100%..
Called the dealership...They were clueless, told me to drive with no audio and no heater for a while till they find a solution.
I was like "I might as well ride a bicycle"...
Not knowing at the time that the range I have after charging depends on my range before recharging.
They were clueless and I wouldn't listen to anything they say anyway...
When I went for my test drive I knew more about the car than any dealer.

Heated windshields and all those gimmicks is a bit much. I throw a sheet of plastic over my window and when I remove it in the morning, clears my window quicker than any heater can.
I'm someone who wants to do my part for the planet and that was my main reason for getting this Honda.
I wasn't trying to save money for myself but for my business it had to make sense.
My 21 plate was 31710.00GBP purchase price including all the extras I wanted.
My videos at:
My designs at:
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

eHonda wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:52 pm Save money hell yes!!! Call me cheap, poor whatever you want.
I don't think anyone is doing that.
I work hard for what I have and this is not my first out of the box purchase so definitely aware of dealership wrangling.
Those guys on the Honda showroom don't even know how to work the app or the one pedal function effectively so what do they know?..

...My 21 plate was 31710.00GBP purchase price including all the extras I wanted.
Since that's £445 MORE than the list price of an Advance model in blue, they appear to know how to sell a car with an impressive margin. 🤷‍♂️
eHonda

Post by eHonda »

That was vat included btw.
How much did you pay incl. vat & when?

What do you use yours for?
What sets your advance over the standard?
Why do you need that extra whatever it is?

This standard drives every day in and around the city.
Charge up whenever I want. Still less than full costs on same mileage.
Maybe 2 times a day on average.
If I can charge overnight that's a bonus!
Means I start my day with a BANG.
Thankfully in Scotland; Plenty Chargers.

Car is amazing the wishbones really give you freedom and comfort.
Tell you what; it eats tires though.
Must be the heavy battery incl. the awesome suspension.
Why I'm saying 17" wouldn't help my business in the long run, you follow me?
16" is better than 14" & 15" at least.
This is Honda's base model and other car companies top city EV cannot match it.
Let alone the advanced model.

The one thing people comment on is that it looks normal not alien.

How much mileage have you raked up in the first two months of ownership?
Mileage over 3000 on mine

What song sounds the best over your speakers? Let me give that a try...
Mine's - Jay- Z's Can I get A... (Feat Jah & Amil) ...honestly you'll never play another track again.
My videos at:
My designs at:
bossjohnc

Post by bossjohnc »

I like the revised reply much better ;)

I have to say I agree though what you've paid still seems a bit over the odds. What kind of extras did you get? If you've overpaid at a dealership you've got a good reason to go back for a grumble. ETA: Was the price you quoted excluding any grants?

For me, I did consider the standard spec, but I'm a sucker for extras. I tested the Advance and loved it, so that's what I've got. I really debated on the 16" wheels too, I preferred the look of the 17s but the efficiency of the 16s. In the end I decided that because I wasn't buying the car for its 'fantastic range', and more because I like the looks, that 17s were the right choice.

I've subscribed to your shorts channel, there are some interesting ones. I can't believe you got 170 mile range to show! I'm sure there'll be plenty of hypermilers trying for max range some time soon, yours is a great benchmark. Getting mine tomorrow.
eHonda

Post by eHonda »

Thanks for subscribing I only want to show you my real experiences no cover ups.

Do you think I was overcharged?
Had the 3500 GOV Grant that was it, that's standard up here.
So extras was paint and mats really.
Delivery is a charge equal to paint.
Yeah look if I had a company that could afford the advance then makes sense to get the whole enchilada.
But I do rest assured that when they perfected the Stock they started production on the advance.
That would mean they had enough time to think of the little things.

Like I have the same doors, they both don't have a post. Same back and front no difference.
Same fog lamps.
And they must've had a good reason for keeping both cars identical (placed Symmetrical) so that the one doesn't overshadow the other.

Now I'm only growing and delivering parcels here and there.
I've started driving big clients around and the main thing for them is to view there HDMI devices, Thank Honda this is possible on both the cars at least.
Means I don't need to carry an extra monitor.

Right now I'm more about the lack of control over things like the safety, when you are driving you lose some of the control over the unit. GGGGGR!
Hope you enjoy that car will be the best car you ever owned or drove.
It's just a heck of fun and Congrats!!!
When it comes you better have a happy song in mind to play.
My videos at:
My designs at: