Hi from Dunedin New Zealand

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
gangell

Post by gangell »

Hi there,

just got my Honda e from Vertu Honda. Having now spent a couple of hours in the menus I've found the maps don't work, I'm hoping I can download one from Garmin.

I can't download the My Honda app as it doesn't appear on the IOS store here in NZ, likely that it, a shame I assumed it would work globally.

Does anyone know f I can use my cellphone to hotspot so the voice assist works? Currently it tells me its not connected to the net.

I've managed to carry out an update and downloaded fish tank from my Wifi.

Any help would be appreciated thnaks.

Greg

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Are Vertu Honda office NZ dealers for the e? I didn't think it was officially available there, and at least one other forum user has purchased in the UK and then shipped it over.

If it is officially available there now, then all these services should work. Otherwise, no chance sadly. The car doesn't seem to allow the use of your phone's hotspot for much of its data services, but instead insists on using the internal eSIM in its TCU (Telematic Control Unit). This eSIM needs to be setup for whichever mobile carrier is partnered with in your country, and the dealer need to put the eSIM into the correct mode for anything to work.
gangell

Post by gangell »

I had it imported by MH International as they bought it from Vertu for me. Honda NZ not selling them here. Took 4 months to get here thanks to Evergiven.

Seems the eSim allows personal assistant to work, not sure it's worth the monthly network charges, do you use it? Can't use mapping or the app, so not sure there's any value over here.

I managed to hotspot the updates off my phone and now have aquarium.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

In your case probably better just using Android Auto or Apple CarPlay
Ex e owner
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

Agreed re: CarPlay, and don't worry about not having the Honda app; you're fortunate to not be able to endure it! ;)