Greetings

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Julian here from Worcestershire. My Honda e on order. Advance model. I’ve selected blue. 17” wheels
Will replace my Mini JCW
Car will be garaged. I need to sort out a second charge point (we have a Mini Countryman PHEV). I’m interested in a vehicle to grid solution.

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Hi joolsdc.

V2G is very interesting, but while the Nissan Leaf has it, using CHAdeMO which supports it, CCS seems to be the winner in the “format wars”, so all newer EVs are using that (including of course the Honda e) and I’ve seen a timeline a while back suggesting the CCS standard won’t support V2G until about 2025!
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Welcome to the forum. V2G is something quite new to me, I actually didnt realise you could still do this, I thought it might have stopped with the feed in tarrifs ending last March.
We have solar panels but missed out on the feed in tarrif, now looking at either Smart Export Guarnatee or if we'd be better off with a battery wall to save excess electricity. So now this is something else to consider :)
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

The Feed-In-Tariff was always in addition to the export rate. It used to pay you a fixed price per kWh (about 4p I seem to remember?) for ALL electricity you generated, even what you consumed yourself. The export rate is what you're paid for what you actually export, although for most homes it's actually better than that, because there is a deemed rate to save on the expense of having complex metering actually measuring what you sell back, so any PV arrays under a certain size (50 kWp I think) are simply paid exactly half of what you generate. i.e. it's "deemed" that you use half and sell half back. This of course is not the case for many people, particularly if you have battery storage to capture all that lovely solar even when you're out during the day!