Hi from Brisbane, Australia

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ngb_oz

Post by Ngb_oz »

Hi there just joined and in the process of importing one of the first Honda Es to Australia. Mine is coming from the UK and about to leave there. I expect it to be in my hands in about 8 weeks. It’s a Crystal Blue Advance and I’m super excited to get “Yuki” here.
The name is based on the little Japanese, Honda backed, f’bomb dropping Yuki Tsunoda.
I’m an EV consultant, ex-Tesla and had a Model 3 for about 2 years.
Love to hear any tips or tricks to early “E” ownership.

Looking forward to being part of the community.
Nathan
Crystal Blue 17” Advance July 2020 UK import
Tesla Model 3 SR+ Blue
Brisbane, Australia

Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Welcome to the forum and you’ve chosen the best colour. Lol
Lots to read on the forum. And good support if you have specific questions
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Hi Nathan,
Welcome to the Forum. If you are based in Brisbane, can we assume you will be mainly driving in City/urban environment for which the “e” was designed? Already an EV driver, so you will be able to charge at home? And living in a warm climate, so your battery/range won't suffer losses in cold weather.
You will love driving the car, but don't get too excited about My Honda+ app - lots about initial connection/set up here - and even when/if you jump that hurdle, it can be slow and/or frustrating at times. But hey, it's not essential, and maybe you will get lucky.
Generally the car is easy to get in, and go. There is lots of tech and set ups/menus etc. to learn over time. The only BIG issue some have had is 12V battery dying. The car does warn you, and as an EV man, you probably understand why it can be easy to drain 12V, if the car is not being driven. That is all for now, keep in touch.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Welcome, you should benefit from your warm weather with the temps around 32C here last week I noticed the battery range was much closer to the advertised range even with my mainly 70mph commute,
Ex e owner
Ngb_oz

Post by Ngb_oz »

advance2020 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:22 pm Hi Nathan,
Welcome to the Forum. If you are based in Brisbane, can we assume you will be mainly driving in City/urban environment for which the “e” was designed? Already an EV driver, so you will be able to charge at home? And living in a warm climate, so your battery/range won't suffer losses in cold weather.
You will love driving the car, but don't get too excited about My Honda+ app - lots about initial connection/set up here - and even when/if you jump that hurdle, it can be slow and/or frustrating at times. But hey, it's not essential, and maybe you will get lucky.
Generally the car is easy to get in, and go. There is lots of tech and set ups/menus etc. to learn over time. The only BIG issue some have had is 12V battery dying. The car does warn you, and as an EV man, you probably understand why it can be easy to drain 12V, if the car is not being driven. That is all for now, keep in touch.
Thanks, yeah I’m all over the EV stuff. Got a Bluetooth 12v monitor on the way to help that little short coming. I’m not fussed on the myHonda app but nice if I can get it going. Is it built for the E only? Are other Honda’s using it?
Crystal Blue 17” Advance July 2020 UK import
Tesla Model 3 SR+ Blue
Brisbane, Australia
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

Definitely the best colour! The air-con is pretty good too, very useful, unlike the app which most likely won't work at all, but honestly I don't think it's a big deal. I'm interested to hear about the EV ownership experience there. So far I've heard it's an utter nightmare.
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Welcome!

Looking forward to hearing how you find it in Australia in due course - :P

(I'm Japanese living in UK, currently watching Tokyo Olympics in very unique situation - by the time of your Brisbane 2032 all will be well!!... :?: Wonder how Honda's EV will have evolved by then!)
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen: