When can we expect Honda e to get more range?

All Honda E related discussions
Glee777

Post by Glee777 »

There was talk of a bigger battery 2 and half years ago. Are Honda ever going to stick a bigger battery in the e?

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

No
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
hondaeboy

Post by hondaeboy »

Glee777 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:45 pm There was talk of a bigger battery 2 and half years ago.
Where was this talk, if I may ask? And do you really want the extra weight on the car?

To be honest, the range hasn't really turned out to be an issue for me at all. I have to admit It was the first thing that almost made me not buy it, and it was the one thing that was my biggest worry after I bought it. But surprisingly, I have unwittingly been driving twice as much with my e than anticipated (driving some 2400 km per month, while previously I did only 1000 km per month), and the range still hasn't been an issue at all.

But with a little bit of adjustment to rims, tyres, routing and driving style, I've actually managed to almost reach the WLTP figures.

honda-e-range.png

2021 Honda e Advance on 16" RC30 wheels with Goodyear 195/55 & 205/55 tyres.
Wrapped in Red metallic with full black and cinnamon leather interior.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

hondaeboy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:38 pm
Glee777 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:45 pm There was talk of a bigger battery 2 and half years ago.
Where was this talk, if I may ask? And do you really want the extra weight on the car?

To be honest, the range hasn't really turned out to be an issue for me at all. I have to admit It was the first thing that almost made me not buy it, and it was the one thing that was my biggest worry after I bought it. But surprisingly, I have unwittingly been driving twice as much with my e than anticipated (driving some 2400 km per month, while previously I did only 1000 km per month), and the range still hasn't been an issue at all.

But with a little bit of adjustment to rims, tyres, routing and driving style, I've actually managed to almost reach the WLTP figures.
Having better battery doesn't mean more weight as many brands improve kw/kg... Same weight better range, or better less weight + more capacity.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
hondaero

Post by hondaero »

hondaeboy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:38 pm

congrats on the optimisations ! that's a bold number: 12.1 kWh/100km !
2023 Honda e Red Advance on 16" Michelin 195/55 & 205/55 tyres.
pk87

Post by pk87 »

Go with something different than Michelin Pilot Sport and you will get better range - thats my insight after switching to Crossclimate the range is not the problem even on 17” rims.
DanielHarris20

Post by DanielHarris20 »

My 2020 model at 100% full only reads 82 miles range? This can’t be right surely??
Verone

Post by Verone »

DanielHarris20 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:28 am My 2020 model at 100% full only reads 82 miles range? This can’t be right surely??
Range calculation is based on a lot of factors, including how you've previously driven the car.

Part of the calculation is based on average efficiency over time to project future range, so if you've spent some time driving the car a little harder, your projected range is going to be lower.

Taking it easy and driving more efficiently will improve the projected range in future.
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
DanielHarris20

Post by DanielHarris20 »

Verone wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:46 am
DanielHarris20 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:28 am My 2020 model at 100% full only reads 82 miles range? This can’t be right surely??
Range calculation is based on a lot of factors, including how you've previously driven the car.

Part of the calculation is based on average efficiency over time to project future range, so if you've spent some time driving the car a little harder, your projected range is going to be lower.

Taking it easy and driving more efficiently will improve the projected range in future.
Thanks Verone, I haven’t owned it too long. If I improve the efficiency then it should improve slightly then? Thank you for this
Verone

Post by Verone »

DanielHarris20 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:00 pm Thanks Verone, I haven’t owned it too long. If I improve the efficiency then it should improve slightly then? Thank you for this
Yep, if you haven't owned it too long, then it's probably just a case of the previous owner having a different driving style to you.

Over time, the car will adjust its projected range to your driving style, so you'll get a more accurate figure.

Here's a quick excerpt from the owner's manual:

Screenshot_313.jpg

Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post