22 kW?

All Honda E related discussions
Olefjell

Post by Olefjell »

To you guys that i have gotten your E´s. how much does it charge at, i tried to find some information but every site has different information.
some state that it only deliver 6,6 kw/h with its on board charger.

so my question is; do anybody know if it charges at 22kw/h?

bogga

Post by bogga »

6.6 ac and 100 DC*

*rated connection.. Actual results depending on SoC and temperature
volkerb

Post by volkerb »

22 kW would be typical for 3-phase charging (3 x 32 A x 230 V). Honda e only charges AC single-phase.
Ovuvuevuevue___Osas

Post by Ovuvuevuevue___Osas »

Bjørn Nyland (Tesla Bjørn) https://www.youtube.com/user/bjornnylan ... uery=honda tested this recently. Mr.TeslaBjørn got 50kWh on the CCS (up to 80%SoC). I don't remember which video he did it in... As you see he's made a bunch of Honda E vids.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

I (unfortunately) have to charge my car on the street. Most public charging stations in my neighbourhood are the 11kWh versions, but there are also four 22kWh versions. There are about 16 charging stations within walking distance. The second day of ownership I charged at an 11 kWh from approximately 07:30 to 18:30 h, it was not yet full. (from 36 to 81%), but yesterday on the 22 kWh it went to full from 07:30 to 12:30! (from 27 to 100%) I don't know why, but the e seems to be able to handle it anyway and just with the normal charging cable. Last Sunday it was charged with a fast charger with 350 (!) KWh and then it went from 24 to 82% in 15 minutes (I didn't have more time).
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

iHansz: Are we talking about the same car? 15 minutes from 24% to 82% is impossible with the Honda e, even on a 350 kW DC charger. If we assume 29 kWh of usable battery, this would mean you charged with 67 kWh on average, which is not feasible. All tests on youtube and my personal experience show that 50 kWh is only achieved for the first 20% of SOC, then it degrades to 40/30/20 kWh.

@Olefjell: on an AC 22 kW charger, our Honda e charges with 7.1-7.2 kWh. Thats the maximum for AC.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Yes this is really true. Couldn't see how fast the charging went while that doesn't show on chargers display, just a battery charging (like on a cell phone). I know the e cannot handle 350 kWh, but was the only place that was still available, there are quite a few electric cars around these days. Maybe I have the latest version of the e? Mine is just only 1 week old. If we don't go into a full covid19 lockdown here, we will go to the in-laws about 150km (one way) away in 2 weeks and will therefore have to fast charge somewhere. I will take pictures of it.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

Well that would give us some hope regarding the fast charging capability of our cars... If you don´t mind: Could you please let us know the software versions of your car? You can retrieve them in the Detailed Information & Setting Menu - System Update - Version. I have attached my version info.

Here is how you can access the Detailed Information & Setting Menu:
1. Put the car in the "ready to drive" mode.
2. Press the buttons "Home" and "Audio power" on your center console at the same time for at least 5 seconds.
3. While keeping "Home" and "Audio power" pressed, also press the "Brightness adjustment" button (in the middle of the two buttons already pressed) for at least 5 seconds.
4. Enter the Detaied Information & Setting Menu (lower half).

IMG_6264.JPG

Keawon

Post by Keawon »

Sweden, pic taken 15 october

A070802E-03FD-402F-B3B5-0061D78781DF.jpeg

Mr_Helge

Post by Mr_Helge »

Olefjell wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:03 pm To you guys that i have gotten your E´s. how much does it charge at, i tried to find some information but every site has different information.
some state that it only deliver 6,6 kw/h with its on board charger.

so my question is; do anybody know if it charges at 22kw/h?

It's important to distinguish Power and Energy. kWh = energy, kW = Power.

Honda e has a 1-phase onboard charger.
Max power 230VAC are 7kW/30A.

A 11kW or 22kW chargpoint has a 3-phase connection.
If you charge your Honda at one of these you get 3,7kW at the 11kW and 7kW at the 22kW.

The emergency charger (or granny charger) are rated 2,3kW, but should not be used as your primary charger.

Regarding fast charging, as mentioned Bjorn Nyland tested the Honda e at Ionity 350kW.
Honda e fast charging comparison

I've compiled a charging graph for the Honda e below using Bjorns numbers.

Last edited by Mr_Helge on Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.