New owner questions - efficient charging and Core Connectivity subscription

All Honda E related discussions
Angardeo

Post by Angardeo »

Hello!

I'm a new Honda E owner and am so far really enjoying owning the car and reading on the forums about your experiences. I had three newbie questions.

1-When charging, is charging performance impacted if I have the Power button on and use the dashboard Apps? I imagine running the AC isn't an efficient way to charge but what about other car functions?

2-Ive activated on the My Honda + app and added subscriptions for Core Connectivity, Safety & Journey and Digital Key. The Core Connectivity pack is still listed as in progress, the other two are listed as active. I've left the car with Power on and stationary for over 20 mins but no change. I did ask the dealer to activate my Sim into normal mode when I picked up the car and they've done this.

3-In the corner of the centre right screen there is a car signal logo, is this for the SIM signal? What does the car use this, I'm guessing 3g/4g connection, for?

Thanks for your help!

Haaploos

Post by Haaploos »

1. The performance will be impacted from the AC running, as the AC/heater uses alot more power than the rest of the infotainment system which wouldn't impact it in a huge way.
2. Not sure why it still is listed as in progress, so cant help you there sorry.
3. I think this is the cars signal strength. I believe that it shows both the connected phones signal and the cars. Not sure if 3g/4g, but think its 4g. Its used by the My Honda + app connectivity and for the shared WiFi hotspot that is possible to enable in the car.
Modern steel advance 17"
Angardeo

Post by Angardeo »

Thanks for the replies Haaploos!

For #2, I had to email Honda and they reset the Core Connectivity pack. I resubscribed and this time it managed to connect.

For #3, I think you're right, it's the 4g connection for Honda + and other data the car needs for its telemetry

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post