Cleaning the touchscreen

All Honda E related discussions
deckchair

Post by deckchair »

Hi all,

Have had my e for a few months now and I'm struggling to find an effective solution to removing grease from touchscreen, what do you recommend? (other than sending my kids off for adoption ;) )

FMIB

Post by FMIB »

Children and touchscreens don't mix, so you may want to reconsider the adoption route.
In the meantime, on the two digital screens I have had in my cars, I found either a glasses/spectacle wet wipe, such as those by Zeiss/Asda etc or a good microfibre cloth, slightly damp with water.
It looks to have a matt coating on it, so I would suggest the microfibre cloth with water as a first step if not already tried.
deckchair

Post by deckchair »

FMIB wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:56 am Children and touchscreens don't mix, so you may want to reconsider the adoption route.
In the meantime, on the two digital screens I have had in my cars, I found either a glasses/spectacle wet wipe, such as those by Zeiss/Asda etc or a good microfibre cloth, slightly damp with water.
It looks to have a matt coating on it, so I would suggest the microfibre cloth with water as a first step if not already tried.
Thanks water and microfibre has been the best so far but I'll give the lens wipes a go as well.
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

I always wear finger gloves, those made for gaming. I never have to clean the screens :)
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

deckchair wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:38 pm
FMIB wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:56 am Children and touchscreens don't mix, so you may want to reconsider the adoption route.
Thanks water and microfibre has been the best so far but I'll give the lens wipes a go as well.
Best results for me was first using the lens wipe to remove grease, then followed by the damp and then dry microfibre cloths to remove streaks
HondaR84

Post by HondaR84 »

Auto glymm fast glass but spray it on the cloth then wipe over the screen then rotate the cloth and wipe over with the dry side, that's what i do and it works perfect every time. i leave that cloth in the glove box and it usually has enough excess on it to get another clean out of it when your sat charging.
86swhi

Post by 86swhi »

I bought this stuff ages ago for my monitors and TV's around the house. Works a treat and only need a tiny amount of the spray so lasts forever. £12.99 currently on Amazon UK. Got a bottle to keep in the car (passengers lost her bottle holder - unlucky 🤣)

Screen Cleaner Kit - Best LED & LCD TV, Computer Monitor, Laptop iPad Screens – Contains Over 1,572 Sprays in Each Large 16 Ounce Bottle – Includes Premium Microfiber Cloth

Thornbury, South Gloucestershire, UK
Sept 2021 Advance in White
Rolec Home Charger
basic

Post by basic »

I’ve found motorcycle visor cleaner and micro fibre work best