Anyone use a EO mini charger? Help!

All Honda E related discussions
Smucker

Post by Smucker »

Does anyone have use their Honda e with an EO? I’m having a nightmare with it when I try and schedule charge.

I can give the full lowdown but basically, charger goes offline, I can’t get it back online after trying everything, then I give up, get the granny charge cable out the boot and when I go to plug it in to 13a socket I notice the EO charger has sprung back to life (with the blue pulsing light on)

The only thing I can put it down to is opening boot or car door ‘wakes it’? But it’s not connected with the cable at this point so would have to be wireless communication.

Doesn’t make sense to me. Can’t work out if it’s an EO fault or a Honda e specific problem (due to it being in sleep/wake mode perhaps)?

It’s doing my head in running around at 1am in the morning in my pants!!!

Any experiences?

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

If you're saying that your EO charger wakes up whilst NOT connected to the car then it's obviously an issue with your EO unit.
The only way that the car communicates to the charger is via the type2 cable.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Isow

Post by Isow »

Do you set the charging time in the ev app in
the car ?
If you do remember for some odd reason the
Time is set in the App when the car isn’t charging not
when it is charging.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Not the EO charger But I leave charging timing to my Andersen A2 charger and the charge limit to the car
Ex e owner
Angardeo

Post by Angardeo »

Hi Milligoon, with the A2, do you set that up on the Konnect+ ? My A2 is being installed later this month.
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Angardeo wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:31 pm Hi Milligoon, with the A2, do you set that up on the Konnect+ ? My A2 is being installed later this month.
Can't speak for Milligoon, but that's how I do it with my A2, via Konnect.
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
Jy2020

Post by Jy2020 »

Had the same problem with our SMA charger, just refuses to wake up for the cheap tariff electricity. Had the car back to the dealers, Honda say all is ok and software is up to date, the wall charger installers have updated their software, have talked to the German SMA helpline, all to no avail. Both companies blame each other and I've given up trying after a year the only solution apart from the wife getting out of bed and plugging the car in is just have a late night and charge from 11:30.......
Honda E Advance Crystal Blue 17" tyres Urban and protection pack
schodoodles

Post by schodoodles »

Turned it off at the mains and back on to fully reset it?
Wifi signal OK and strong enough without any drop outs?
Assume this manages a manual charge?
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Angardeo wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:31 pm Hi Milligoon, with the A2, do you set that up on the Konnect+ ? My A2 is being installed later this month.
Yes.

Never understood the idea behind the Honda "When it's not charging" timing idea?
Ex e owner
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

Smucker: get a life - don't bother with the pants.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post