Another price hike!

All Honda E related discussions
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

I wonder if Honda are trying to exploit the current fuel crisis...

The base model has just gone up another £950, so it now starts at a whopping £29,165 with the UK grant applied. Oddly, the configurator still has the old pricing, but the intro page has been updated.

Isow

Post by Isow »

Business is business
There are a lot of electric cars out there to
choose from.
No one is forced to buy a Honda e.
A lot of manufacturers are selling fewer cars
but making more profit on each individual sale.
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

I was informed that a price hike would happen 1st Oct when I purchased mine late Aug for Sept delivery, so this hike was already in the pipeline.
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

rickwookie wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:56 pm I wonder if Honda are trying to exploit the current fuel crisis...
What's going on there in beautiful Great Britain?
Empty shelves, no petrol, no workers, no visitors.
Wouldn't you rather go back to us, your European friends? Being alone on the island is obviously not so great after all.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

RAL7004 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:26 pm
rickwookie wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:56 pm I wonder if Honda are trying to exploit the current fuel crisis...
What's going on there in beautiful Great Britain?
Empty shelves, no petrol, no workers, no visitors.
Wouldn't you rather go back to us, your European friends? Being alone on the island is obviously not so great after all.
Don't forget about our rocketing gas & electric prices as well as our prime minister's recent announcement to increase taxes to support the NHS. Despite this, house prices are also still increasing at an unprecedented rate.

Also did you know Honda closed down the UK car plant a few months ago.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

FMIB: is your delivery still on-schedule? We ordered a 'standard', also in August, for early November delivery, but that has since 'slipped' to a (very) vague 'late November. I'm just beginning to get a feeling...

'Fuel crisis'? Unlikely imo, but as Londiniumperson alludes, the fracturing UK (Scotland is quite likely to secede soon) is in a turbulent period of change, no longer able to benefit from the exploitation of cheap non-uk labour. But 'peak oil' (demand) is probably passing now, and as HC fuels become less in-demand so price equilibrium will be maintained-ish: as long as poo > $60bbl, US frackers can break-even; at $80 they're 'in the money', so will continue. Only Saudi Arabia and Russia can screw this up....as the latter are with ng just now.

Wonder if our e will arrive this year?
atb all, ttp
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

turntoport wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:40 pm FMIB: is your delivery still on-schedule? We ordered a 'standard', also in August, for early November delivery, but that has since 'slipped' to a (very) vague 'late November. I'm just beginning to get a feeling...

'Fuel crisis'? Unlikely imo, but as Londiniumperson alludes, the fracturing UK (Scotland is quite likely to secede soon) is in a turbulent period of change, no longer able to benefit from the exploitation of cheap non-uk labour. But 'peak oil' (demand) is probably passing now, and as HC fuels become less in-demand so price equilibrium will be maintained-ish: as long as poo > $60bbl, US frackers can break-even; at $80 they're 'in the money', so will continue. Only Saudi Arabia and Russia can screw this up....as the latter are with ng just now.

Wonder if our e will arrive this year?
atb all, ttp
I took delivery on 2nd Sept, 2 weeks from my order.
When I was purchasing, there was a significant stock of the advance model in all colours at Honda UK's central stock. They said there were various versions in the pipeline for arrival Oct/Nov. I never asked for the standard model, but I got the impression there was limited or no stock and they would be in the next shipment.
HondaR84

Post by HondaR84 »

Is that good for us though? The second hand value increases as well surely?
captainzep

Post by captainzep »

FMIB wrote:
I took delivery on 2nd Sept, 2 weeks from my order.
When I was purchasing, there was a significant stock of the advance model in all colours at Honda UK's central stock. They said there were various versions in the pipeline for arrival Oct/Nov. I never asked for the standard model, but I got the impression there was limited or no stock and they would be in the next shipment.
We would have happily gone with a Standard but I was surprised to find the lease cost for an Advance via Honda was the same or even slightly cheaper. Once the lease/finance stuff was sorted it arrived in days. Honda were also surprisingly generous with a very cheap maintenance deal.