Bits for Sale

All Honda E related discussions
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

So sorry to see that - I guess the ultimate job of a modern car isn't to be cool, fast or even reliable, but to sacrifice itself instead of its occupants. And it looks like (at least I hope) it did that job very well.

When my Zoe was still less than a year old someone pulled out right into the front of me in a supermarket car park. I was able to stop in time but they weren't paying attention. On the scale of car crash severity it was at most a 2/10, but it still really shook me up. Don't be afraid to do what you need to do to get past your accident. Whatever car you get next, I hope it brings you happiness and confidence, as driving a little EV is truly a thing of joy.

EDIT: I may have been interested in either the charge cover or the mats, but don't want to step on anyones toes.

MartinC

Post by MartinC »

Hi John (Bogga),

I was sorry to hear of your accident and I trust all occupants are OK. As you're selling the accessories, it sounds as though you won't be buying another e. Anyway, if it's still available, I'd like to buy your charge port cover.
bogga

Post by bogga »

Thanks for your private messages etc, I've replied to the first people to respond.

When I was first interested in getting an electric car, what I really wanted was the Honda e coupe, https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... -small-evs, however that didn't come to be, but the Honda E did, and I love it.... apart from the range......

I have tried to live with it... but I don't want to have to recharge on my drive to work to get home again, or other work destinations. Turns out I need a electric car that does 180miles WLTP not 136 miles WLTP...

So if/when my GAP insurance does pay out, it's very unfortunate that I won't be able to have a Honda e :(

Thank you to this whole community and everyone who asked about my health after the crash. I am fine, and there were luckily no other passengers.

FYI... airbags going off... who knew they were so smokey/smelly!
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

Sounds like an annoying but really good excuse not to get another e! To be honest if I'd been in a car when it was written off, I'd want a different environment when driving afterwards, no matter how much I liked the first car.

And if that e coupe you linked to did ever get built, I'd have a very hard time eating my hat while demanding a pre-order!
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

time for an id3, then bogga?? (It was a knife-edge decision for us, only decided by the wing mirrors, lol!)
bogga

Post by bogga »

ZoeDave wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:27 pm And if that e coupe you linked to did ever get built, I'd have a very hard time eating my hat while demanding a pre-order!
Depending on it's range of course.... ;-)
bogga

Post by bogga »

turntoport wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:31 pm time for an id3, then bogga?? (It was a knife-edge decision for us, only decided by the wing mirrors, lol!)
I didn't have an issue with the camera wing mirrors!

I liked the driving the Honda.. I'm not sure I'll get the same feeling from the ID3... maybe the ID3 GTX.. but that's another forum.. and too long to wait.
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

it was having the camera wing mirrors that swung me to the Honda - after only 30 minutes i realised how much easier it was to just swivel the eyeballs a bit in order to see what's behind, rather than the neck. Drove a LifePro id3 and obs it cleans-up on the e for range. But the switchgear i found really (really) fiddly - so much so that after a couple of hours I hadn't figured-out how to do basic stuff like adjust the 'normal' wing mirrors, and had a total fail on the heating system. Interior - somewhat anodyne. Feels like a standard medium-size car. But the range - it went up for almost the whole 50-mile journey, which says a bit for how the dealership drivers treat the cars out-of-hours.
Good luck.
p.s. shame the insurers probably won't let you have the battery-pack - would make a good 'Hondarwall'!
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

If I were you I'd take the Cupra Born over the ID.3
Ex e owner
bogga

Post by bogga »

Hi,

I'm getting any response over the private messages for some reason... so...

MartinC - Yes happy for you to have the Charge Port cover, I'm in Berkhamsted so are you able to pick up, or do you need me to send?

Jools - Yes please let me know when your around to pick up the mats .

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post