20 and 21 model years - is it a thing??

All Honda E related discussions
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Here are the sales figures of the Honda e in Europe. Far away from the 10000 units annually target they had.

https://carsalesbase.com/europe-honda-e/

Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

Oh dear. I'm not sure I want to be that exclusive! It's a worry that the numbers are going down after June 21. Maybe COVID, but maybe not. :shock:
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Parker87 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:29 am Oh dear. I'm not sure I want to be that exclusive! It's a worry that the numbers are going down after June 21. Maybe COVID, but maybe not. :shock:
You can't compare monthly registration numbers on their own.
In the UK there are age specific plate changes every 1st March and 1st September and along with genuine sales, dealers will also pre register some to fake sales figures and ensure that they get a bonus from Honda. Also there'll be a year end target to meet so that's why the figures continue to look good across Europe with a final spike in December.
All we can take from this is that the e is a slow selling car, which was obviously going to happen even before they were available for sale. Honda cars have never been a big seller in Europe, small/city EV's aren't a big seller & with the e having divided appeal in the looks department along with the slating from the press (i.e. too expensive, limited range & small boot) the low sales were expected.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

Thanks for those informed comments LP. I'm now keen to know how many current E drivers are still feeling the love despite those perceived flaws that you mention? Having been a regular visitor to the Mini E community groups, I sense that the enthusiasm for the Honda here is a bit more subdued than theirs for the Mini, but that might be a misconception.
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Not regretted my purchase even once. Still not seen anything even with hindsight, that I would have bought in preference (maybe because, where are the other lux small EVs?).
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

Thanks Matt, good to know. The Mini is described as premium but I acknowledge that the E is even more so.
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

I have only done some 150 miles so far, but even with the various small flaws, I have absolutely no regrets on my purchase.
I bought it purely as a city car/second car and looking again at its potential competitors, I would still buy the Honda E
Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

Thanks FMIB. Another vote builds confidence! :P
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

In general, I get the impression that the Mini community is similar to that of the Apple & Tesla communities.

I have previously owned Mini's and as the saying goes:
I don’t want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.
:lol:
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

londiniumperson wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:35 am In general, I get the impression that the Mini community is similar to that of the Apple & Tesla communities.

I have previously owned Mini's and as the saying goes:
I don’t want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.
:lol:
☺️. Well, I'm not familiar with the Apple or Tesla clubs but I'd suspect that you might describe them as evangelical and maybe intolerant of non believers?! I wouldn't put the Mini E Facebook group in to those categories at all as I'd say there's a very good, inclusive atmosphere there. That might apply to the Electric group particularly - I've no experience of other Mini enthusiasts. The atmosphere on this Forum and also on the Facebook group is also good and people are helpful - it's all very reassuring. 👍