Car not turning off

All Honda E related discussions
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

I came out to the car after 6 hours to find the 12 volt battery completely flat. I jump started and everything seemed fine but on a couple of occasions pressing the stop button has left the right half of the display showing information and the stop button flashing,it took several attempts at turning on and off to finally turn it completely off,has anyone else experienced this?

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Not quite the same issues but my 12v battery also went completely dead over one night, I called out the Honda breakdown service to have proof. Then a couple of months later some windows randomly opened (either partially or fully) resulting in the back seat getting soaked even though I was checking all windows were closed every single time without fail when I was locking the car, I still check because it has made me paranoid about this.
Eventually the dealer replaced a switch and then a week or so later replaced the driver side handle, well that is what they told me.

Also I would randomly have whole infotainment system restart whilst driving or it would take about 5 minutes to actually boot up after driving off. This hasn't happened since the 2 parts were replaced, whether this is a coincidence I don't know.

I never got a answer from the dealer about these issues and have frankly totally given up on their ability to do anything. I've got better things to do than constantly badger them and get no answers.

I suspect that once your 12v battery is charged back up to full charge the display issues should resolve themselves, until the next time.
Last edited by londiniumperson on Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

londiniumperson wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:46 pm Also I would randomly have whole infotainment system restart whilst driving or it would take about 5 minutes to actually boot up after driving off. This hasn't happened since the 2 parts were replaced, whether this is a coincidence I don't know.
If it ever goes black or freeze pull fuse 19 in the front fuse box under the hood for 15 seconds put it back in.. works like a charm for me... ;)
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
nyx

Post by nyx »

I had trouble turning the car off the first day after accidentally leaving the lights in parking mode instead of auto. Could it be that? Could also run the 12v battery flat if left too long.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

I also have the drivers side door handle not retracting if that is possibly linked?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post