What kind of deals are available on a Honda e?

All Honda E related discussions
m33ufo

Post by m33ufo »

Hello.

I've literally just joined the forum in the hope of getting some good feedback on the kind of purchase deals that are available on the e?

What are the most cost effective purchase routes - main dealer or a car broker?

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

As an owner of an e for a year, I hope you can’t get any special deals. Else will reduce the second hand value of mine. Sorry.
I hope you chosen dealer will give you a few extras and a few £hundred off. But no more
Good luck
m33ufo

Post by m33ufo »

There's £3-4K off via Car Wow, but £2.5K of that would be the government contribution.

So a little bit more than a few hundred but I'm hoping I can find better.
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

When I bought mine I was told that there are no Honda dealer incentives to sell the E, so big discounts are likely be hard too find., which as Jooisdc pointed out, is good for the future resale values of existing owners.
CHags

Post by CHags »

If you go for one of the higher priced 2nd hand ones you might be able to negotiate something, however I bought an ex demo early Spring 2021, they refused to budge on price as it was one of the cheapest on auto trader at the time. The lowest priced cars on auto trader now are a fair bit more than I paid.

I also heard that Honda were refusing to budge on pricing of new models. I was initially looking at a lease deal but there just weren't any good deals and there were at the very least 2-3 month delays so I went with buying an ex demo outright. (I've bought ex demos in the past and never had a problem)

Also, there's only 40-50 available second hand on auto trader at the moment. When I was looking there was 90-100 so unfortunately, as others have said, it's certainly a seller's market right now but that goes for all car brands due to the microprocessor shortage/delays.

I found out at my recent service that I have the 5 year service plan too! Which they specifically said I wouldn't get when I purchased the car. 8-)
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

You also have to realise that the list price is now around £1550 (if a colour other than yellow is chosen) now that it was originally just over a year ago plus the government grant has also been reduced twice by £500 each time since I bought mine, so in reality the price of the car is now £2550 more that it was when launched.

A year or so ago there were a couple of people on the forum that said they got a significant discount, however they didn’t say how much & I’m wondering if they thought that the £3500 grant at that time was the significant discount.

Currently Honda are offering, 5 years Honda Care package, 5 years Roadside Assistance and 5 years complimentary servicing.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I thought that I’d have a look at what’s available on AutoTrader and saw that this was still for sale locally (I saw this on the A3 when I returned from the Fully Charged show at Farnborough over a month ago. It confirms my suspicion that the shortage of cars is a load of baloney and just an excuse for car dealers to justify high prices to make up for the losses that they made when shut during the pandemic.

HONDA HONDA E, National.png

2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

carwow will probably find the best 'new' deal, as you mention.
I think the '5' plan is for pcp only.

There are a bunch of new cars just coming into the country right now: I know (well, sort of 'know') 'cos mine's one of them ('standard, not advance). Don't know what proportion are already sold. Perhaps try DMKieth (Grimsby)?
If you don't have one already, Honda are running a decent short-term deal for their S+ charger, interfacing with Octopussy's Agile and Go tariffs via Honda's e:progress charge management software. I've been trying to get one and it's agonisingly slow - though, to be fair, the issues seem to be with the abysmal performance of our regional dno rather than Honda or the installers... [Caveats: (i) As Londiniumperson has previously mentioned, the price of the Honda charger is daftly high if not part of the 'first 60 takeupp' deal, and (ii) functionality and reliability are relatively unknown/unreported as yet.]
atb

Orange. Quite a statement...
m33ufo

Post by m33ufo »

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Had a test drive this afternoon. Have to say I loved it. There seem to be cars available within the current shipment heading to the UK - there are two a year apparently.

As has been said, the 5 year warranty / maintenance deal is available on financed purchases. But apparently, I can have a minimal amount on finance and pay this off after 6 months, which makes this option potentially worthwhile.

I'm aware that the government subsidy has fallen of late which seems absolutely ridiculous in the shadow of cop26.

Charge Yellow is likely to be my preference. I like a solid colour.
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

that'll be another two of us then, m33ufo. Have a good read of theose pcp t's &c's; it didn't appear quite so fab to me awhile ago - maybe i misread it, will have another read now!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post