Windscreen Cover

All Honda E related discussions
rocko5000

Post by rocko5000 »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:46 pm I'm too tight to buy it but as it also covers the door mirrors it would help me because almost every morning the driver's side one is fogged up for about 10mins of driving. This side is West facing so get the full force of the wind & rain.
I also find the pre-heat demist poor, the heated windscreen is automated so cannot be forced 'on'. and therefore it's regularly misted. Last year in winter I was setting it to come on at 6:30am for 20 mins then again at 7:30 for another 20 mins and seem to remember that the windows were usually clear most mornings even with a heavy frost.
ok good to know so question does it effect range much doing the warm up before getting into car as was considering the cover so wouldn't have to scrap windows or clean mirrors
UK Advance in Crystal Blue Metallic on 16's
Registered March 2022

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

It's not got too cold here , but a 20 or 30 minute warmup only seems to use 3 or 4% from full when on battery power.

I suspect when the weather is very cold, the preheat will use a little more, 6% even.

When i viewed my chargers app power usage - if ive manually initiated a pre heat from the controller with power supplied by charging cable, it showed that i had used over 2kwh.

I have not used scheduled heating from the control panel.

As mentioned, the climate control system has many settings and modes, but the preheat has no customisation or pre-conception from your saved settings. Quite opaque really... As you can see from the App, you only get 3 heat settings and a toggle for auto defrost...
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I can confirm that a 20 min preheat will usually use about 3-5% battery and less if used a second time soon afterwards. The car heater has an output of around 3kW.
I used to set the schedule on the car for Mon-Fri but now just look outside each morning when I get up and make a decision if I’ll use the preheat options via the app.
The app has definitely improved in that I don’t bother with an update after logging into it. I login into the app and as soon as I see the ’Climate Control’ option I touch it and then either lock my phone or access another app, then a short time later I get an alert on my phone to let me know that the climate control has initiated. I’ve just recently bought my first ever iPhone after owning Android phones for many years, but this works the same on either OS.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
londiniumperson

I forgot to mention that I’ve also noticed like EEEE that Honda have not done themselves any favours hiding the preheat/defrost options from the owner.
The car appears to decide on when it uses the heated windscreen as well as the heated seats, some cold mornings the seats will be on and on other days that seems to be just as cold and they’ll be off.

1st world problems seem to be becoming more prevalent.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Another annoyance with the climate control, the button inputs are multiplexed and scanned by software.

Jump in the steamed up car and decide you want both front and rear demisting, press both buttons simultaneously and it will only ever accept one input at a time...
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
SamHonda

Post by SamHonda »

EEEE wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:18 am It's not got too cold here , but a 20 or 30 minute warmup only seems to use 3 or 4% from full when on battery power.

I suspect when the weather is very cold, the preheat will use a little more, 6% even.

When i viewed my chargers app power usage - if ive manually initiated a pre heat from the controller with power supplied by charging cable, it showed that i had used over 2kwh.

As mentioned, the climate control system has many settings and modes, but the preheat has no customisation or pre-conception from your saved settings. Quite opaque really... As you can see from the App, you only get 3 heat settings and a toggle for auto defrost...
Does the auto defrost toggle in the app activate the heated windscreen? Sorry for questions but my E doesn’t arrive until late Jan.
rocko5000

Post by rocko5000 »

ok i'll probably get the cover closer to when i get the car
Registered March 2022
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Apparently mine is arriving tomorrow, I'll post highly exciting pictures once I've worked out how it all fits (and you can all be disgusted by how dirty my e is right now).
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
londiniumperson

SamHonda wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:39 pm
EEEE wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:18 am It's not got too cold here , but a 20 or 30 minute warmup only seems to use 3 or 4% from full when on battery power.

Does the auto defrost toggle in the app activate the heated windscreen? Sorry for questions but my E doesn’t arrive until late Jan.
The car determines when or if it uses powers up the heated windscreen, whether using the app or the button in car, you the driver have no way to activate it.
rocko5000

Post by rocko5000 »

MattHero wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:58 pm Apparently mine is arriving tomorrow, I'll post highly exciting pictures once I've worked out how it all fits (and you can all be disgusted by how dirty my e is right now).
cool can you show have to put it on please as hoping is nice and easy. Also just wondering if anyone has done a near 100 mile trip as thats gonna be my distance to bring car home from grimby honda i've ordered car from
Registered March 2022

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post