Windscreen Cover

All Honda E related discussions
rocko5000

Post by rocko5000 »

HI I'm waiting or my honda e which hopefully is arriving either in January February the latest so wondering if anyone have purchased this https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-s ... over-2020/ as obviously in winter screen will freeze so wanna know if any good as usually use old duvet covers on my current car
UK Advance in Crystal Blue Metallic on 16's
Registered March 2022

MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Sorry, I have not but that looks genuinely tempting [counts pennies in swear jar on desk].

EDIT: Bought one. I'll let you know if it's good or not.
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

We have the same cover for the 10th gen civic. It is a nice accessory and fits well on the civic. It is slightly stretchy and has tabs at the end that tuck into the door frame.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
rocko5000

Post by rocko5000 »

MattHero wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:55 am Sorry, I have not but that looks genuinely tempting [counts pennies in swear jar on desk].

EDIT: Bought one. I'll let you know if it's good or not.
Thanks as i am tempted to get it as its covers both windscreen and side windows which is handy and if its easy to put on might use at car park when at work as sometimes during winter my current car screen does have beggining of it freezing
Registered March 2022
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Looks smart, but can somebody explain how it's worth to have this whilst we have pre-entry climate control function already??

Sorry I hope I'm not being rude, just plain curious! Old lady with no car common sense needs to be educated :oops:
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
rocko5000

Post by rocko5000 »

True but if the screen is fully frozen along with sides on a normal car u would probably need at least 5 mins of engine running if u don't scrap ice off the screen
Registered March 2022
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I find the preheat of the e very unsatisfactory. It seems to always steam up the car really bad. The preheat does not use the AC to dry the incoming air. The 4 out of 5 times ive used it, i end up having to manually set the front window demist and it just ends up taking longer.

Using the windscreen cover is still a good idea, it prevents icing up of the mirrors and window seals and side windows. Not visible in the picture is that behind the e logo is a small pouch, the whole thing folds into itself as a little bag to pop in the boot. Also you remove the risk of scratching the windscreen with whatever may be stuck in the ice...
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
SamHonda

Post by SamHonda »

I used to own a Ford with a heated windscreen (you could visibly see tiny elements up close). The Ford would defrost the windscreen in no more that 2mins with no scraping needed.

The E advance spec mentions a heated windscreen, is it not effective?
rocko5000

Post by rocko5000 »

SamHonda wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:20 pm I used to own a Ford with a heated windscreen (you could visibly see tiny elements up close). The Ford would defrost the windscreen in no more that 2mins with no scraping needed.

The E advance spec mentions a heated windscreen, is it not effective?
probably is but the cover also covers both windows on the side which isn't heated
Registered March 2022
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I'm too tight to buy it but as it also covers the door mirrors it would help me because almost every morning the driver's side one is fogged up for about 10mins of driving. This side is West facing so get the full force of the wind & rain.
I also find the pre-heat demist poor, the heated windscreen is automated so cannot be forced 'on'. and therefore it's regularly misted. Last year in winter I was setting it to come on at 6:30am for 20 mins then again at 7:30 for another 20 mins and seem to remember that the windows were usually clear most mornings even with a heavy frost.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post