Pod Point Chargers

All Honda E related discussions
Alan G

Post by Alan G »

Hello again .
I am having a problem with the pod point charging outside of the scheduled times . It is also not showing properly on the app ; the starting time will show but no end time ,although the correct amount of charge is showing .
Pod point tell me that this can happen if you have a poor wi-fi connection ... I have fitted a booster and the signal shows as "good" at the pod point charger.
I am not sure if it is the app or the charger itself .

Is anyone else having a problem with their Pod Point charger?

schodoodles

Post by schodoodles »

No pod point experience but for general networking have you got a WiFi analyser app on a phone and checked what your actual signal is like at the charger?
Do you know what channel your WiFi uses? Are there neighbouring WiFi using the same channel and congesting the signal?

The charger might also be WiFi channel sensitive - I've had some smart home kit not like the higher 2.4 channels and I ended up using channel 1 or 6
, whichever had less traffic on it, and suddenly everything was happy. Worth a try as it's an easy and quick change!
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

I also have a pod point, and the vast majority of the time the led is blue (connected), Every now and then it goes white and goes back to blue in 5, 10 or 30 minutes. First time I tried to use the pod point found it needed to get past midnight to the next day before it worked, so only used it a few times. I set the schedule on the car now so don't need the pod point to be in control, works fine.
Classicboy

Post by Classicboy »

I had the same issue. Podpoint cust service took 3 weeks to get back to me, they also said Inprobably had a bad wifi connection. Moving my mesh extender hasn't helped. I've done tests and wifi is fine in garage?