MyHonda+ App - What's the Point?

All Honda E related discussions
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Some brands give 50kW of power in OTA updates... Some can't even make a app work properly... More of the same... they probably wonder why don't people use their wonderful app... Or pay for it's "features"...

I've said it over and over again... The best this car has to offer is it's driving and looks. The infotainment hardware/software is from Panasonic, the TCU is from Harman Automotive that is no longer supported since 2015/2018. Harman has since been bought by Samsung...
It will never be good by any means.. it's condemned unless Honda developed from scratch on new software or ditch Panasonic's help. The amount of time/money required to invest in this is astronomical.

The cars would have to be all recalled for software updates etc... They are just waiting for time to pass and people just use what they have while promoting it has having all these (working) features.
Then a new car will arrive to replace this one... It's just business... Having constant updates and improvements is a new thing in the automotive industry....
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂

milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Software updates generally consist of eradicating one bug and generating new ones in cars I'd take a dated stable system over one that changes very frequently, when it's applied to a car, you never know what surprises lurk around the corner. Unless they'd offer some major new feature then I'd happily leave alone.

All that being said one update I wish Honda would push Garmin for with the loss of radio carried traffic data. Is for Garmin allow the use of their smart link app via mobile with the inbuilt satnav (I know a lot of people hate it or don't care) we were sold a car with live traffic they should rectify this (I know there is ACP and AA but they should not be let off the hook for this defunct feature!
Ex e owner
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

milligoon wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:38 am I'd take a dated stable system over one that changes very frequently,
Currently we have neither ;) In all seriousness I know the infotainment fuse number by memory because I'm not even bothered to go to Honda anymore, just a quick fuse pull system reboots and it works fine for 3 month usually.
The rest of the complaints about the app speak about themselves... Giving the above excuse of having something solid over new functionality is just about poorly made software. An example of that is not having a reboot button or a proper power cycle of the system.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Never had to pull any fuses. I wonder if you have a hardware issue?
Ex e owner
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

milligoon wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:00 pm Never had to pull any fuses. I wonder if you have a hardware issue?
The only hardware issues I have are using it... The most ridiculous one I've had recently was being parked literally watching the planes land in an air filed with just music playing... it just froze, with only the background showing. It didn't black out even after turning off/ locking the car. I was afraid that it would deplete the 12v battery so I pulled the fuse, great as new. Btw I've had the car on for HOURS with no one.. in just playing music and never had a battery issue like some folks had here the forum...
The infotainment was replaced the car had about 5000 kms (Or so I was told, the car spent a few days at Honda waiting for parts) it went completely black and didn't display anything (I have plenty of photos and videos showing this here).

I've just accepted it and whenever it happens I just reboot it. Everything works just fine after.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

FDAD wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:48 pm
milligoon wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:00 pm Never had to pull any fuses. I wonder if you have a hardware issue?
Btw I've had the car on for HOURS with no one.. in just playing music and never had a battery issue like some folks had here the forum...
I've had a couple of flat 12v battery issues, with all but one my own fault (once it went flat overnight whilst the car was locked), as long as the the green 'Ready' indicator is showing, then you can use the infotainment system & HVAC as long as the traction battery has charge:

ReadyIndicator.png

2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

londiniumperson wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:47 pm
FDAD wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:48 pm
Btw I've had the car on for HOURS with no one.. in just playing music and never had a battery issue like some folks had here the forum...
I've had a couple of flat 12v battery issues, with all but one my own fault (once it went flat overnight whilst the car was locked), as long as the the green 'Ready' indicator is showing, then you can use the infotainment system & HVAC as long as the traction battery has charge:ReadyIndicator.png
Exactly I believe most people aren't using the info the car is telling them...
I've never used the seat belt «cheat»...
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I wasn’t aware of the seat cheat/trick until very recently and have never used it myself.
I went to a drive in movie last year and had the HVAC system on for around 2.5 hours keeping us warm on a cold evening without any issue.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

londiniumperson wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:58 pm I wasn’t aware of the seat cheat/trick until very recently and have never used it myself.
I went to a drive in movie last year and had the HVAC system on for around 2.5 hours keeping us warm on a cold evening without any issue.
Same.. always worked flawlessly..
glennbroadway

Post by glennbroadway »

Do I need Safety and journey service to be able locate the car using the app? If not then I’ll get a refund as that’s the only function I need - for my insurer.

Thanks, Glenn
EEEE wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:36 pm The app is pretty pointless - and terribly buggy/unsatisfactory.

There are 4 subscriptions within the app, all with different prices and longevities.

Digital Key Service - £59.00 - 1 year (This allows you to 'pass' keys to others with a phone, effectively giving you the ability to make phones a key to the car)
Honda Personal Assistant Service - £49.00 - 1 year (This is the talking thing in the car , i just use android auto / google)
Safety and Journey Service - £29.00 - 1 year (i think this lets you set journeys/waypoints on your phone and upload them to the car garmin satnav which is crap anyway)
Core Connectivity Service - £39.00 - 8 years

I only have the core connectivity - this allows you to check charge status, enable pre heating and unlock/lock doors and check roughly where it is (not a great deal basically). It will also tell you (usually incorrectly) which doors or windows are open, what the mileage of the car and thats about it.

I only really use it to enable the cabin preheating when im at work as im too far away to use the fob. At home i'll tend to use the fob button.