Plug-in grant (PICG) reduced to £1500 Cars (previously ‘category 1’)

All Honda E related discussions
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

'ello Sam, got a new Honde?
- ttp

SamHonda

Post by SamHonda »

turntoport wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:41 pm 'ello Sam, got a new Honde?
- ttp
It’s being delivered Monday 31st. Can’t wait.
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

Nice car, SamHonda?

Two weeks in for Esme (our e) in and first gremlin has arrived: passenger front window getting more excited than boris with a blonde. As it seems common with e's, there are a few 'forum-fixes' to try before a dealer trip. Think i might check the 12V battery tomorrow morning.

atb - ttp
SamHonda

Post by SamHonda »

turntoport wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:58 pm Nice car, SamHonda?

Two weeks in for Esme (our e) in and first gremlin has arrived: passenger front window getting more excited than boris with a blonde. As it seems common with e's, there are a few 'forum-fixes' to try before a dealer trip. Think i might check the 12V battery tomorrow morning.

atb - ttp

Yes! Arrived on a flatbed yesterday afternoon. Not had too much time with it due to work and kids but so far so good. Hypervolt on back order but should be installed by end of Feb. Luckily I have an external 3 pin to get me by in the meantime.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

SamHonda wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:18 am

atb - ttp

Yes! Arrived on a flatbed yesterday afternoon. Not had too much time with it due to work and kids but so far so good. Hypervolt on back order but should be installed by end of Feb. Luckily I have an external 3 pin to get me by in the meantime.
As long as the socket isnt too old and its wired properly it should be fine. Since the E has a small battery, overnight is perfectly acceptable.

The hypervolt at 7kw will go from flat to empty in under 5 hours, which is rarely needed in my usage. The only reason i went for a 7kw charger (I also have the hypervolt) is that you can get a near-full charge in the 4 hour octopus-go tarrif offpeak window. That saves 15p/unit. If you devide 15p/unit saving into the cost of a hypervolt installed (Think i paid 750?) , thats 5,000 units or ~15k to 20k/miles before it breaks even. If your doing less miles than that - it doesnt make too much sense for the expensive chargers.

When the next EV comes along with bigger battery, the 7kw chargers are certainly needed.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

EEEE wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:49 am
SamHonda wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:18 am

atb - ttp

As long as the socket isnt too old and its wired properly it should be fine. Since the E has a small battery, overnight is perfectly acceptable.

The hypervolt at 7kw will go from flat to empty in under 5 hours, which is rarely needed in my usage. The only reason i went for a 7kw charger (I also have the hypervolt) is that you can get a near-full charge in the 4 hour octopus-go tarrif offpeak window. That saves 15p/unit. If you devide 15p/unit saving into the cost of a hypervolt installed (Think i paid 750?) , thats 5,000 units or ~15k to 20k/miles before it breaks even. If your doing less miles than that - it doesnt make too much sense for the expensive chargers.

When the next EV comes along with bigger battery, the 7kw chargers are certainly needed.
The payback is longer than 15-20k miles because any charger (even a 3 pin granny) can be used at cheap rates and also some energy suppliers have longer cheap rate windows (i.e. Octopus), so the first 4+ hours will always be on a cheaper rate.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
JamboGT

Post by JamboGT »

Not jealous at all... :P

I keep checking but my date is still 1st April, hopefully won't be a joke...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post