Plug-in grant (PICG) reduced to £1500 Cars (previously ‘category 1’)

All Honda E related discussions
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

FMIB: I particularly wanted a 'standard' (didn't want the auto-park or rearview tv), so i doubt H would let us have an Advance with 16" wheels at std price. I've heard that there are normally two UK shipments each year, April and October. Our e-std was apparently on the inbound in October last, but we got the 'no reg's until xx...' that SamHonda has recently been notified of. Fwiw the quoted delivery for an ID3 factory-build is in the 6-9 month realm. Interesting times; one has some sympathy for any business, but international and globalised ones are on a difficult patch, for sure.

atb - ttp

turntoport

Post by turntoport »

p.s. i think the e-adv no longer qualifies for the uk government grant - unless it's discounted by > £2.1k. So the price jump between the two (in the uk, at least), is now quite sizable.

atb - ttp
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

turntoport wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:33 pm p.s. i think the e-adv no longer qualifies for the uk government grant - unless it's discounted by > £2.1k. So the price jump between the two (in the uk, at least), is now quite sizable.

atb - ttp
I didn’t think to check.
Looking now the Advance model with no options is £34,165.00 so being above the £32k limit is no longer eligible for the PICG.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
rocko5000

Post by rocko5000 »

I spoke to my dealer i'm purchasing my E from and he thinks its must be tied to emissons as honda has hit its target this year. I believe =its releated to the eu directive that u must sell certain amount dunno why its effecting uk as can't see uk having a quota
UK Advance in Crystal Blue Metallic on 16's
Registered March 2022
SamHonda

Post by SamHonda »

I wonder if mine is built/on a ship and will just sit in their storage facility whilst we wait for April.
Seems mad!
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

this is getting more interesting - Carwow is now showing the e-std as 'discontinued'....

"Please note
This model is now discontinued by the manufacturer and factory orders are now closed. You can obtain similar vehicles from existing dealer stock here or by configuring a new car."

Odd.
SamHonda; I've been told the (our) car is on the Avonmouth dockside. (and has been since when the boaht came in (sorry) end October. Yep, all seems a bit mad, but doubtless Honda have some overarching plans to keep the right side of. If only we knew what they were.

atb - ttp
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

An October shipment was what I was told for availability of the STD model.
Complete madness if a boat load of cars are now sitting at the dock waiting till April to be registered, especially with the UK's push to EV's
Looking at Autotrader I only found 1 STD version advertised as in stock from Bassetts Honda, Swansea.
SamHonda

Post by SamHonda »

My order is steel advance but on 16” wheels.
I can only assume they’ve discontinued the standard edition due to low demand to prioritise components in the advance.
However I could be totally wrong on this.
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

FMIB, SamHonda, rocko5000: (ok, FMIB, SamHonda i get, but rocko5000??)

Re the 'dockside storage': As plenty of discussion here attests, having the vehicles sitting 'cold' on a quayside for most/all of the winter 6 months won't be kind to the batteries. I assume H have a proper maintenance plan being rigorously applied for all those vehicles...(?)

FMIB: i wonder how Bassett Swansea got their e std? Pre-production ('demo') run, perhaps, or a dealer-only release-from-stock from the October shipment?

Re the carwow stuff; I've e-mailed our dealer to ask what's 'up'. No reply yet, one suspects it may a while until Honda UK get sorted.

rocko5000: Yes, quite why the EU CO2 Emission Performance Standards are affecting the UK is a mystery, unless the UK has, as is most likely, simply adopted the EU system as default, thus saving the incompetents currently in government the hassle of thinking-through a UK version, i.e. saving them the hassle of doing proper work. (Not quite brexit, then...)
https://ec.europa.eu/clima/eu-action/tr ... nd-vans_en. Note that the 2022 super-credits rates are only 1.33, a big reduction from 2020 when the e was introduced - so Honda will need to sell 1.5 times as many e's next year to achieve the same credit balance as in 2020. This may be what's driving the 'holding-back' of the current release. Worth a read; haven't quite got my understanding of the 7.5g/km/3yr 'cap' bit yet, but @ €95/g/km target exceedence, there's a lot of incentive to keep the e's back...

https://ec.europa.eu/clima/eu-action/tr ... 20cap%20on

atb - ttp
rocko5000

Post by rocko5000 »

turntoport wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:00 pm FMIB, SamHonda, rocko5000: (ok, FMIB, SamHonda i get, but rocko5000??)

Re the 'dockside storage': As plenty of discussion here attests, having the vehicles sitting 'cold' on a quayside for most/all of the winter 6 months won't be kind to the batteries. I assume H have a proper maintenance plan being rigorously applied for all those vehicles...(?)

FMIB: i wonder how Bassett Swansea got their e std? Pre-production ('demo') run, perhaps, or a dealer-only release-from-stock from the October shipment?

Re the carwow stuff; I've e-mailed our dealer to ask what's 'up'. No reply yet, one suspects it may a while until Honda UK get sorted.

rocko5000: Yes, quite why the EU CO2 Emission Performance Standards are affecting the UK is a mystery, unless the UK has, as is most likely, simply adopted the EU system as default, thus saving the incompetents currently in government the hassle of thinking-through a UK version, i.e. saving them the hassle of doing proper work. (Not quite brexit, then...)
https://ec.europa.eu/clima/eu-action/tr ... nd-vans_en. Note that the 2022 super-credits rates are only 1.33, a big reduction from 2020 when the e was introduced - so Honda will need to sell 1.5 times as many e's next year to achieve the same credit balance as in 2020. This may be what's driving the 'holding-back' of the current release. Worth a read; haven't quite got my understanding of the 7.5g/km/3yr 'cap' bit yet, but @ €95/g/km target exceedence, there's a lot of incentive to keep the e's back...

https://ec.europa.eu/clima/eu-action/tr ... 20cap%20on

atb - ttp
its just the username i've used on multiple sites since i was a kid can't be bothered to think up a new one

as to the emissions thing i believe it is to meet next years quota as its just weird that all cars delayed especially when people were expecting delivery in January and its just the e as if u want a different honda theres no issue
UK Advance in Crystal Blue Metallic on 16's
Registered March 2022

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post