Plug-in grant (PICG) reduced to £1500 Cars (previously ‘category 1’)

All Honda E related discussions
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

The PICG is now reduced form £2500 (£35,000 limit) to £1500 (£32,000 limit).

Full details here:
Low-emission vehicles eligible for a plug-in grant

Summary:
To be eligible for the grant, the car must have a recommended retail price (RRP) of less than £32,000, including VAT and delivery fees.
The grant will pay for 35% of the purchase price for these vehicles, up to a maximum of £1,500.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

SamHonda

Post by SamHonda »

I placed my order last month and paid my deposit when the higher grant was still in place.
Do you think my dealer will still honour the price?
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

SamHonda wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:42 pm I placed my order last month and paid my deposit when the higher grant was still in place.
Do you think my dealer will still honour the price?
Ask them, I would hope that they would, especially as at this time of year (and for the next few months) car sales are in the doldrums no matter what they will tell you.
If they don't then you could threaten to withdraw from the sale to force their hand.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

SamHonda; i'm fairly sure you'll be ok - there is a caveat in the announcement, i believe, that orders made prior to cop yesterday will be given the grant applicable at the time of order. fwiw i ordered mine in August, but still expect it to be priced per contract when it's delivered (er, January - i think...)
atb - ttp
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

Hope this might be of relevance
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... manual.pdf

section 2.15
SamHonda

Post by SamHonda »

turntoport wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:35 pm SamHonda; i'm fairly sure you'll be ok - there is a caveat in the announcement, i believe, that orders made prior to cop yesterday will be given the grant applicable at the time of order. fwiw i ordered mine in August, but still expect it to be priced per contract when it's delivered (er, January - i think...)
atb - ttp
Thanks for this. I have had confirmation the dealer is honouring the price however instead of being with me in January they have told me Honda won’t let them register anymore E’s until April which is a massive frustration!
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

SamHonda: Ah (arghhh?!), that's frustrating. Also interesting, because our's was due November but we were told "no reg's until January", so have been/are expecting it then...
As far as I'm aware (or am i delinquent on an important bit of government 'management' here?) there is no specific quota requirement for the UK ev-wise, so the cause for these delays must be either market or manufacturing - driven, i assume. Chips availability is the most obvious one, but why force the order-book onto next-year's plate reg? [I doubt there are any significant, or 'materiel' changes to the design...) Anyone got any clues as to wt* is going on??
On the upside, Sam, you won't have to deal with the 'winter-range' issue much first-time-round!
atb- ttp
SamHonda

Post by SamHonda »

turntoport wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:46 pm SamHonda: Ah (arghhh?!), that's frustrating. Also interesting, because our's was due November but we were told "no reg's until January", so have been/are expecting it then...
As far as I'm aware (or am i delinquent on an important bit of government 'management' here?) there is no specific quota requirement for the UK ev-wise, so the cause for these delays must be either market or manufacturing - driven, i assume. Chips availability is the most obvious one, but why force the order-book onto next-year's plate reg? [I doubt there are any significant, or 'materiel' changes to the design...) Anyone got any clues as to wt* is going on??
On the upside, Sam, you won't have to deal with the 'winter-range' issue much first-time-round!
atb- ttp
That’s interesting and exactly the same line I was fed albeit with April the new date.
I’ve asked the dealer why but doubt I’ll get a detailed response. They seem to be following the company line of “Honda UK have made the decision to not register any more Honda Es until April”.

Does seem odd. If it’s due to chip shortages I’d much rather be fed that information.
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

Hmmmm....! Sounds identical (except the reg month, but we are only 3 weeks away from the (our) 'as-notified' so I'm wondering if a further postponement is about to arise. [I think i know what the cause is: H are fitting a 55kWh pack to these 'new' cars! (Only joking)].
The only other explanation I can think of, is that e's have been built - and some shipped - but are minus a bag of chips, H plan to fit in-the-field when available. Otherwise, it's Q-anon for me. LoL. There are a few sleuths frequent this forum, so maybe some light might be shed soon...

atb - ttp
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

Madness and it would drive me nuts too. When I bought mine in Sept, there were certainly 100 + available from the centralised Honda UK stock and several shipments scheduled shortly after going by the colour options/numbers available given to me by the dealer.
Must have been selling like hotcakes!
I received an email the other day from one of the car discount companies, saying that there was up to an 18 month wait for some Jag/Land Rover vehicles and I have seen people waiting for what would be 9 months for some BMW's, but these are factory orders to the individual spec. The Honda e is 2 specs, take it or leave it.
But the story that Honda UK does not want to register cars until a certain date makes no sense unless they really have no stock, in which case they should say so.
Can your dealer not get you a car that is in stock at other dealers(as seen on Autotrader)?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post