Plug-in grant (PICG) reduced to £1500 Cars (previously ‘category 1’)

All Honda E related discussions
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

SamH, TerryR: I heard from the dealer end December to say our e would be delivered to them next week, reg'd then and available for us a couple of days later. Expecting Huk to confirm such, yesterday they indicated that the availability/reg of the e's is more likely to be known by the dealer (than them) - a bit puzzling, as the original delay was 'ordered' by Huk. maybe Honda's internal comms aren't yet fully up-to-speed post new-year. If the car arrives at the dealer on the now-expected (?!?) date of 12 Jan, I'll let you know (they'll let me know for sure, in the form of an invoice!)

TerryR: I doubt very much the reg delay applies to any vehicles other than the e: I think ( I may be wrong) the 'issue' is that the ev 'super-credits' arrangement regarding the manufacturers 'whole fleet' emissions is winding-down this/next year - each ev sold has a reduced super-credit value of 1.33 this year. I think H 'made their quota' of ev sales offsets last year, hence any e's that were initially intended to be sold post-quota-satisfaction in late 2021, have been shifted to 2022. Given that the financial penalty for exceeding the steadily-reducing threshold of permissible CO2 vehicle emissions is quite expensive, it makes sense to do that. What i don't quite get is why April is being discussed:- the 'emissions' year is calendar, beginning Jan 1. Perhaps there is an additional UK hiccup/complication introduced by the UK tax year (?)

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultat ... l-vehicles

ccp from above here:
‘Super-credits’ also apply for the registration of ultra-low emission vehicles (ULEVs) through to 2022. In 2020, any vehicle emitting less than 50g CO2/km will be counted as 2 vehicles; 1.67 vehicles in 2021; 1.33 vehicles in 2022 before the end of super-credits in 2023."

The driver (sorry) for manufacturers to produce (and sell) ev's is quite strong, given that this year the 'fine' for each gram-per-km exceedence of the pool limit is £86/vehicle - a strong incentive. I think that's how it works (in a very very slimmed-down effort at explanation!)
So ev's only.

atb - ttp

turntoport

Post by turntoport »

p.s: one might surmise that H were/are forecasting/expecting 2022 e builds are going to take a whack from the chip shortage, so far fewer of the little beauts will be making their way to European markets than they had hoped.
p.p.s: this year will/is also seeing big inflation in Aluminium (Aloominum for our stateside brethren) prices, due to the energy price hikes. This might significantly offset suspect some of the price decline predictions for new ev's due to battery price reductions...
rocko5000

Post by rocko5000 »

turntoport wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:38 pm p.s: one might surmise that H were/are forecasting/expecting 2022 e builds are going to take a whack from the chip shortage, so far fewer of the little beauts will be making their way to European markets than they had hoped.
p.p.s: this year will/is also seeing big inflation in Aluminium (Aloominum for our stateside brethren) prices, due to the energy price hikes. This might significantly offset suspect some of the price decline predictions for new ev's due to battery price reductions...
I don't believe the delay has anything to do with the chip shortage personally i believe its to do with government grant change as literally the day after the announcement that grant was going down to £1500 is when i was told that car delay till april
UK Advance in Crystal Blue Metallic on 16's
Registered March 2022
Terry R

Post by Terry R »

Cheers Turntoport

My reasons for going for the car is the physiological £1.50 litre for fuel barrier. Plus it looks a fun car ideal for my commute to work.

I am neutral to the tree hugging / carbon offset etc. The plus for me was I would not be pumping out fumes in the town etc.

Not a dig at Honda, but as they have not met some emission reduction target, for the next 4 months I will be forced to add pollutants into the atmosphere.

Honda should sponsor Chester FC who have also fallen foul of utter bull. I was going to say bollocks, but not doubt there will be some regulation.....!
JamboGT

Post by JamboGT »

New to the forum, was expecting delivery on the 19th of this month, but pushed back to the 1st of April for me also.
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

Terry R wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:13 pm By all models I was wondering if if was all Honda cars not just the E.
Spoke with my brother who just went to buy a new CRV, but was told they are delayed until April.
He had to buy a nearly new one as he was in a rush.
Since the CRV is a hybrid, maybe this delay of new registrations is not just for the E
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

FMIB; i spoke today to the dealer supplying our e; they copied the current government by swerving the question as to what it is that's causing the delays, but imo it's almost certainly chip shortages - the new crv is e:hev hybrid type (similar to the current Jazz) and needs quite a bit of power electronics and associated computational management - not as much as an e, but still quite a bit. The crv is 'new'-type isn't it? So there probably aren't m/any in the UK now anyway, and if the boat comes in March, there's your brother's explanation.

SamHonda, TerryR: yep ours in 'in', apparently; collecting Monday. Providing the batteries are ok...

atb - ttp
SamHonda

Post by SamHonda »

All very odd. Just had the dealer call to say car will be available next week instead of April…..
JamboGT

Post by JamboGT »

Interesting… I may have just sent off an email asking about my own.
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

Good news for you, SamHonda. In conversation today it seems that there is a bunch that have been released - maybe the Honda fleet CO2 'balance' is looking better for 2022 than was thought a few months ago: A new i-mmd Civic to be added to the lineup is my guess, perhaps to be released earlier than scheduled?
My (oops, sorry, 'our') e is definitely collecting Monday; I got the impression from the discussion today with a.n.insider person that H are pushing hard for full fleet electrification hard by 2025 - although i think that's been a declared goal for a year or two and well-publicised. (However, i think that 'goal' is mainly to be achieved with i-mmd (e-hev) technology, which has been demonstrated in the Jazz to give marked efficiency improvements over traditional ice; a new 'e-er' might be a few years away - perhaps with solid-state in mind.

Good luck JamboGT.

rocko5000: i think you 'just' got caught by a chart lines crossover - good luck with it, though.

atb -ttp

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post