Key Fob not working

All Honda E related discussions
SunnyCSL

Post by SunnyCSL »

I have been packing stuff into my trunk yesterday and left all doors open for about 20mins. Suddenly I realised the car is not responding to both of my keys. All functions regard using the keys are not disabled.

At first I though the 12v battery is dead so I connected the battery to a portable power source but it doesn't seem to help.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to resolve this?
I am not in the UK but my HondaE is imported from the UK, so dealership assistant is not an option.

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Not something I have heard of before. You can download the car manual from hondas website.

https://www.honda.co.uk/content/honda/e ... ressed.pdf

Does the car power on? The 12v battery could still be flat or worse still dead (If the car was shipped it could have been flat for a while).

Once you can get the car on and check the 12v battery is good, pressing and holding any key fob buttons may bring it back to life. The fob has a red LED at the top, make sure this is illuminating when you press the buttons, otherwise your fob batteries are most likely dead.

Let us know if you resolve it (I too had my boot open for 30 mins the other day, and the car went to sleep, but this in itself did not cause a problem for the fob).
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
SunnyCSL

Post by SunnyCSL »

EEEE wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:33 am Not something I have heard of before. You can download the car manual from hondas website.

https://www.honda.co.uk/content/honda/e ... ressed.pdf

Does the car power on? The 12v battery could still be flat or worse still dead (If the car was shipped it could have been flat for a while).

Once you can get the car on and check the 12v battery is good, pressing and holding any key fob buttons may bring it back to life. The fob has a red LED at the top, make sure this is illuminating when you press the buttons, otherwise your fob batteries are most likely dead.

Let us know if you resolve it (I too had my boot open for 30 mins the other day, and the car went to sleep, but this in itself did not cause a problem for the fob).
I have studied the user manual in and out and nothing seems to work.
The car can start with no problem, just not responding to the keys whatsoever.

The batteries on the keys are new and they are indeed flashing red light but the car is not reacting to the signal.
I believe somehow the car jumped and no longer recognise the keys. If that is the case I have no idea what I can possible do to reprogram the keys.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Can you lock & unlock the car via the door handles/boot button?

My car’s 12v battery has been fully discharged several times and the key fob lock/unlock buttons have always worked afterwards. I’m off to the dealer in a few days to resolve a couple of issues that have occurred since the last time my battery was fully discharged:
• The maximum charge setting for Home or Away is not been honoured, it charges to 100% irrespective of value set.
• Climate control doesn't work via the app, also key fob Remote Climate Pre-Conditioning (as per page 250 of online manual) fails, the lights flash, then 3 times twice but Pre-Conditioning doesn't start.
• 'Open Charge Lid' not opening via EV Menu.
• Also the manual is trying to download.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Keawon

Post by Keawon »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:15 am Can you lock & unlock the car via the door handles/boot button?

My car’s 12v battery has been fully discharged several times and the key fob lock/unlock buttons have always worked afterwards. I’m off to the dealer in a few days to resolve a couple of issues that have occurred since the last time my battery was fully discharged:
• The maximum charge setting for Home or Away is not been honoured, it charges to 100% irrespective of value set.
• Climate control doesn't work via the app, also key fob Remote Climate Pre-Conditioning (as per page 250 of online manual) fails, the lights flash, then 3 times twice but Pre-Conditioning doesn't start.
Hi, just to confirm.
Maximum charge limit when "Home", you have set Home location in navigation right?
Open Charge Lid' not opening via EV Menu. You are keeping it pressed? or you just tapping it?
londiniumperson

Keawon wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:57 pm Hi, just to confirm.
Maximum charge limit when "Home", you have set Home location in navigation right?
Open Charge Lid' not opening via EV Menu. You are keeping it pressed? or you just tapping it?
Yes & Yes, see:
IMG-0292.mp4
(2.77 MiB) Downloaded 174 times
londiniumperson

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:15 am • The maximum charge setting for Home or Away is not been honoured, it charges to 100% irrespective of value set.
After today’s dealer visit all now appears OK, though I didn’t check if the manual has downloaded.
SuperRocket61

Post by SuperRocket61 »

One fob stopped working. No red light. Battery changed. Still not working......

Tip: remember to take the child-proof sticker off the battery - doh!
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

SuperRocket61 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:06 am One fob stopped working. No red light. Battery changed. Still not working......

Tip: remember to take the child-proof sticker off the battery - doh!
Fair play for admitting to the mistake :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The car does have anti-lock out protection. It will not let you lock the car if it thinks the fob is inside. This works with the multitude of aerials inside and outside the car to try and work out if the key is inside (do not allow locking) or outside the car. I guess if you have 2 fobs and 1 is inside the car and 1 outside, it probably won't allow locking? Also I'm sure it disables the lock buttons on the handle and on the boot lid (saved me once before!).
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post