DELIVERY DELAY

All Honda E related discussions
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

What was it that you found to be tripe, Londimiumperson? The author's typically journalistic flowery writing style, or the (ok, old and lacking detail & accuracy) sales numbers and Tesla pooling comments? I, for one, didn't know Honda were contributing to Musk's profits until i searched the super-credit area and found articles similar to that. The issue we seem to have is that journo's have evolved into word-manipulating headline-grabbers, but often with little effort expended on understanding or presenting the core details of the story. And so we see such stuff as QAnon...

The point of posting the link was so a few people that may not have your level of knowledge of the ev market - particularly wrt the Honda e - can gain even the tiniest improvement insight-wise, into why such things as e deliveries may have been/are being 'held back'. Of course, there may be other reasons, but I haven't seen much evidence, circumstantial, material or hypothesised, as to what those are, have you?

Anyway, i love your enthusiasm (and knowledge!). Collecting ours Monday.

atb -ttp

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I was harsh, they’re were some very valid points he made. What got my goat was where he states a couple of times that the Zoe & Honda are a similar price. Well in the UK (which is in Europe where he was making the comparison) the Honda is significantly more expensive. Though admittedly this is the whole crux of his article with the Honda’s price.
I’ve re read it and he does make some valid points namely that Honda need to reduce its price if it’s to sell, however he should know that under the old Honda CEO they had no intention building BEVs they were and still are to a major extent hell bent on selling Hybrids.
Also he does highlight us to the emissions credit pool. The reason Honda had only sold 1000 Honda e’s is because Honda limited the supply and kept prices high.
This fundamental reason for this is MONEY, too many influential people with interests in the oil industry are dictating the direction of this whole fiasco of electrification.
Last edited by londiniumperson on Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

Hi Londiniumperson; yeah, most of the author's flowery guff was journotripe, for sure, and agree with all the points re e sales. Do you think H made a booboo when choosing to limit the battery capacity to 35kWh, having 'decided' it was a city car they were going to build so didn't need more? One wonders what the sales figures would be if the capacity was 50kWh, circa 200 miles. Ok the car would be heavier and maybe slightly longer...

atb - ttp
Terry R

Post by Terry R »

Just been informed that my car is now at the dealers. Picking up next week.
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

Good news on the car, enjoy the experience.

I thought the Honda situation was bad enough, this week I drove to a Volvo dealer to look to buy a car that was advertised on the dealers website as well as Volvo's main site as an available stock car. On arriving the salesman said sorry, we are not allowed to sell the car unless we can replace it, but we have one coming in around May, in a different spec and colour which you can reserve!
A bit lost for words, a wasted trip, so I went to another dealer, first asking if they can sell me a stock car, which of course they said yes and that's what I did with delivery by Friday.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

FMIB wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:55 pm Good news on the car, enjoy the experience.

I thought the Honda situation was bad enough, this week I drove to a Volvo dealer to look to buy a car that was advertised on the dealers website as well as Volvo's main site as an available stock car. On arriving the salesman said sorry, we are not allowed to sell the car unless we can replace it, but we have one coming in around May, in a different spec and colour which you can reserve!
A bit lost for words, a wasted trip, so I went to another dealer, first asking if they can sell me a stock car, which of course they said yes and that's what I did with delivery by Friday.
This was almost the experience i had with the 'e' at orpington honda. car was described as 'ex demostrator' , go to view it and buy it, told might not be available until they get a new one to replace it and it could be a couple of months. Told them i need it now, they go away and chat, magically it's now available. Car dealerships are just about the worst retail experience ive ever had - even when the people are helpful and the outcome is good.

Might just stick to buying sub £1k cars - quick and easy and probably get a better cup of tea out of it too and a better chat!
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
Terry R

Post by Terry R »

After being told I will have to wait until April before I got my car.

Car turned up at the dealer so all smiles as I drove away from the showroom today.
JamboGT

Post by JamboGT »

Sounds like quite a few have been able to get their car. I am still being told April 1st but maybe this month?

Is frustrating, but am happy for those getting theirs.
Bonviveur123

Post by Bonviveur123 »

Well I ordered at the start of January on the basis of end of January delivery date. This thread got me worried. But I’m happy to confirm that my delivery has been confirmed for Friday. They could’ve delivered earlier this week but I’m busy with work.

So excited!! For those wondering: black E advance with 16 because I wanted all black. 17 inch also had an April delivery date 🤷🏻‍♂️ And I wanted it sooner having just sold my Macan
Astigma

Post by Astigma »

I had the same expierence with my E. Ordered it before Christmas and then got a call early Jan telling me it had been delayed possibly until April. The dealer told me it was stuck in a port in the UK and they didn't know when to expect it. A few weeks later I get a call "Your car has just turned up at the showroom without warning". Seems strange to me that they wouldn't have had notice that the car had been released from the port and was on its way but I wasn't going to question it. Picked it up on the 22nd and been loving it ever since.
UK Honda E Advance - Grey