DELIVERY DELAY

All Honda E related discussions
JamboGT

Post by JamboGT »

Seems like I have rolled the bad dice... ordered in October and waiting till April.

rocko5000

Post by rocko5000 »

JamboGT wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:43 pm Seems like I have rolled the bad dice... ordered in October and waiting till April.
Same here also ordered in end of october not heard a peep from dealer at all since delay
UK Advance in Crystal Blue Metallic on 16's
Registered March 2022
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

There seems to be some bad blood between Honda UK & the dealer network.
Either the dealers have no idea what’s going on or maybe are they deceptive?
How the hell can a business operate if they have no idea of when their stock is arriving?

I know which option I’d believe.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
richy

Post by richy »

JamboGT wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:43 pm Seems like I have rolled the bad dice... ordered in October and waiting till April.
Same, ordered in December, waiting until April
zemdega

Post by zemdega »

Maybe there's some problems in production as we will get ours in April too. Dealer said that they ordered it in December.
JamboGT

Post by JamboGT »

Still on for 1st April apparently, but fully (fooly?) expect to be made a fool of. Seems too much like a placeholder date.
rocko5000

Post by rocko5000 »

Well i'm supposedly collecting mine tom orrow hopefully with have to wait and see
UK Advance in Crystal Blue Metallic on 16's
Registered March 2022
UphamHondaE

Post by UphamHondaE »

I enquired with a dealer last Saturday and was quoted a June delivery if ordered now. I’m test-driving a Honda e in a couple of weeks time.

I have a VW id3 on order, the order was placed on October 9th last year. Delivery was initially scheduled for April this year, this was pushed back to June, then August.

The latest news from the dealer is it now has a provisional build start date of week 42 this year - early October, but the build period could be up to 10 weeks. There will be a further 10 week allowance for delivery, meaning that it’s unlikely to arrive until about this time next year - maybe even later.

I’m rather taken with the Honda e, so if the test drive goes well I shall order one - it will be much quicker arriving than the id3!
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

Wow, that's a madness delay. I can't imagine how people can plan with such long delays.
If your normal daily car use falls within the range limitations of the e and you don't need a large boot or when you do there is only 2 people to allow you to put down the rear seat, the e will be a very good choice.
It drives really well, has comfortable suspension and is a fantastic city EV
Good luck
UphamHondaE

Post by UphamHondaE »

Thanks for you4 thoughts FMIB. Yes, my current car is a petrol MINI Cooper my annual mileage is very low and most of my journeys are only a few miles. Also, only two people in the car maximum normally, most of the time just me, so the Honda e sounds perfect!

I had a MINI Electric for a 24hr test drive - it is a fabulous car, but it’s getting a bit dated now and I would like something a bit different.

Really Looking forward to the test drive, which will be 24 hrs over my usual routes from home, so I should be able to get a good idea of how it would work for me.