Anybody updated the Map yet?

All Honda E related discussions
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

Just downloaded the 22 Map from Garmin.

On the Civic they recommend running the car in idle for 15-20 mins on the drive while the map updates to make sure you don't go low on battery, which might brick the Garmin if it fails battery low during update. I've always thought this ridiculous so just charge up the car fully and leave the intelligent charger on while doing the update on ignition 1.

On the E I'm not sure if a full lithium actually charges the 12V battery when not moving, but surely if I do the update with my podpoint connected it should be safe?

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I did an update very recently. Cheekily downloaded it at work, and then clicked update just before i drove home. Only takes 10 minutes - that way no need to worry about the car going into power saving mode or whatever it is...
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

Thanks, I had to do a short trip today, so did the same thing, but it would still be interesting to know if it's fine in the garage with the main charger. It updated straight away and showed the road I was on ok.

Secondly has anyone tried the unlocked Cyclops speed camera database. This works on the Civic built in Garmin so I see no reason why it should not work in the E.
Omniv

Post by Omniv »

I updated map today, just drove to a scenic spot and left the car on while stationary and I think it took around 10 minutes or slightly less, easy peasy.
Steinninn

Post by Steinninn »

How do I download the map. I looked in the manual but didn't find it.
asjo

Post by asjo »

I have done it once or twice, you need a usb-stick of the right size and some patience. Guide is here: Honda Civic, Clarity, CRV, E, Fit, HR-V, Jazz, and Ridgeline Map Update and/or Purchase Instructions.
williamchan

Post by williamchan »

updated to 2022.10 just a few days back but never really use it. (mainly on Waze)
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I only use Android auto with google maps now. It's not just that the navigation and UI that is better, it's the search that's the game changer (along with live traffic of course).

Searching by postcode and ending up roughly where you need to be is a thing of the past. Need to drive to a business, type in the name and bang your there at the front door. Going to some random place but you don't know the address? Search from your phone the evening before and bang, its in your recent search on the car screen for quick reselection.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I use it when android auto based nav apps bomb out after an android auto update (bug implementation) buggers them up.

My favourite AA nav app is Amigo by Tom Tom when it isn't bugging out that is.
Ex e owner