Anybody updated the Map yet?

All Honda E related discussions
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:56 pm

Just downloaded the 22 Map from Garmin.

On the Civic they recommend running the car in idle for 15-20 mins on the drive while the map updates to make sure you don't go low on battery, which might brick the Garmin if it fails battery low during update. I've always thought this ridiculous so just charge up the car fully and leave the intelligent charger on while doing the update on ignition 1.

On the E I'm not sure if a full lithium actually charges the 12V battery when not moving, but surely if I do the update with my podpoint connected it should be safe?

EEEE

Post by EEEE » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:42 pm

I did an update very recently. Cheekily downloaded it at work, and then clicked update just before i drove home. Only takes 10 minutes - that way no need to worry about the car going into power saving mode or whatever it is...

5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:09 pm

Thanks, I had to do a short trip today, so did the same thing, but it would still be interesting to know if it's fine in the garage with the main charger. It updated straight away and showed the road I was on ok.

Secondly has anyone tried the unlocked Cyclops speed camera database. This works on the Civic built in Garmin so I see no reason why it should not work in the E.

Omniv

Post by Omniv » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:52 pm

I updated map today, just drove to a scenic spot and left the car on while stationary and I think it took around 10 minutes or slightly less, easy peasy.