SHOULD I GIVE MY HONDA A NAME?

All Honda E related discussions
Terry R

Post by Terry R »

E is a boring name for the car.

So trying to think of a suitable alternative.

I like the name Diesel

turntoport

Post by turntoport »

Provocative or what?!

We're thinking of 'Allegra',
Or maybe Carbonita.
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

I agree that 'e' is a mediocre name for the car - they probably should have gone with Insight or City even if they couldn't be bothered to come up with a new Honda name.

I'm not so sure with Diesel, though I do get the irony and it is definitely better than some girl's name. But what is far, far more important is that you shouldn't care too much about what I, or any other rando on the internet thinks about how you name your car. Unless you accidentally become prime minister (which seems entirely possible at the moment), it's not going to become some point of national record. I'm sure though that some from members will have helpful suggestions.

While I don't name cars on purpose, I do occasionally fall into a name when it just becomes obvious. Eons ago, I had a VW Passat on order that looked like it would be on a 57 plate - Heinz, obviously, but alas it ended up as an 08. The brief time I owned a Smart (I loved that thing), it became the Atomic Tea Trolley. Now, my e has inherited the private plate that I bought for my now SORNed scooter, only purchased because my already terrified Mum would have had a fit if it also had a 13 plate, and because it was cheap. So now I'm driving a futuristic, new car, with a plate referencing a rapidly becoming defunct prostate operation - the TURPmobile.

So, TLDR: Don't care what I or anyone else thinks, and let the name come naturally, rather than stressing over it.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I’m not one for giving a car a name but last night I did consider ‘Twiki’, if you’re aware of the TV show ‘Buck Rogers in the 25th Century’ and the noise the car sometimes makes then you’ll understand :lol:
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

'No thanks' for the age reminder, Londiniumperson...
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Parking up at a local lake, a child remarked to his father 'Look dad it's the mr bean car' (charge yellow), so if you've got charge yellow I think it's a good contender!
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
Wee Peem

Post by Wee Peem »

I call mine Dear.
Terry R

Post by Terry R »

Is that dear as in expensive?
Wee Peem

Post by Wee Peem »

Definitely! Been married 52 years so any other meaning lost! Sorry I didn't mean that DEAR.
Jan44

Post by Jan44 »

My 'E' has been named Ernie since I bought it. As in "Ernie - the fastest milk-float in the west" - Inevitable as my previous car, a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, was called a milk-float by my neighbours, My wife bought a Honda Jazz HEV when I bought my E and she calls hers Eric as in Erica and Ernie!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post