COST OF SPARES

All Honda E related discussions
Terry R

Post by Terry R »

Just wondering, the initial cost of the car is quite high.

Does that mean spares are also expensive

For example what would be the cost of a new exhaust.

FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Terry R wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:00 pm Just wondering, the initial cost of the car is quite high.

Does that mean spares are also expensive

For example what would be the cost of a new exhaust.
A new exhaust will cost you quite a bit as it will have to be custom made, no OEM parts available.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I suspect spare parts will be expensive. It's a limited run car on its own platform which shares very very little with other honda models (the window switches are the same as a 10th gen civic), perhaps the brakes match another model, but suspect not much else.

This means very little aftermarket support for parts, with the rest tucked up in honda warehouses most likely in continental europe only. Given that most spare parts needed are usually engine - the demand for spares on the e will probably be less, so their availability will be less.

I still havent found an online electronics part catalogue. Finding parts for the prelude is a dream, online EPC and lookup/compare to other models everywhere, and then order direct from japan for about 35% of the UK dealer cost. Happy days ( www.amayama.com )

I need some center caps - mine are coroded already where the H emblem is stuck to the diamond cut center cap. Wouldnt mind a new grey type 2 charging port flap aswell and some touch up paint.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
Wee Peem

Post by Wee Peem »

Curses, my exhaust must have dropped off somewhere!
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Wee Peem wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:30 pm Curses, my exhaust must have dropped off somewhere!
No it wasn’t standard. it used to be on the option list, but no matter how hard I look I can no longer find it.
:lol:
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Isow

Post by Isow »

Not only are spark plugs difficult to get hold of, they are also very expensive !!!
Terry R

Post by Terry R »

Next thing they will tell me I cannot use E10 fuel.

On a serious note, I cannot find a pet shop that will sell me some suitable fish food.