Charging only at 3.6kw

All Honda E related discussions
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I was totally confused by how the Mini e could charge at 11kW until I realised that your 16A wallbox must be on a 3 phase supply.

Also I’m really surprised that one of your reasons to replace the Mini for the Honda was due to range anxiety when the Honda has less range than the Mini. On a practical point the Honda is definitely better with more passenger space, 4 doors and it’s easier to get in and out of. The only downside I can think of other than less range is that the Honda’s boot is very small.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

D010181

Post by D010181 »

Yes the mini is 3 phase, and its mindblowing how fast is charging, even that i thought that was a problem with the battery. xD

Well until you don't drive both you don't notice, mini is superior in practically all, better performance, better range, better booth (haha true is the mini felt smaller). I have a bunch of other reasons why I replace it and no regrets at all, If you can drive for a couple of weeks a mini do it, again is probably the best electric car outhere if you want something diferent... man if you only want range and charging go to the zoe, thats a no brainer. But now I understand all reviewers that always pick the E vs MINI even this one being in paper better.

Off topic: when i push the button to find chargers says that is not connected, do I need the honda + app?, or the car should work without it? Also I have my phone paired but no idea how to turn on apple car play.

best!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post